[news.groups] Sci.aquaria is dead! Long live alt.aquaria!

chip@ateng.com (Chip Salzenberg) (11/22/89)

Found in alt.config, posted by richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton):
>The groups then, I want to create are:
>
>alt.aquaria.beginners       should need no explanation (mostly questions)
>alt.aquaria.filters         filters, filtration systems and theory
>alt.aquaria.literature      magazine and book excepts and reviews
>alt.aquaria.bookproject     comments and feedback on the ongoing bookproject
>alt.aquaria.plants          aquatic and semi aquatic plant cultivation
>alt.aquaria.killifish       cyrpinidonts
>alt.aquaria.coldwater       ponds, coldwater fishes

The group champion for sci.aquaria has given it up for dead.  It has
terrible connectivity.  There's little prospect of improvement.

Sci.aquaria has been stillborn.  It's time to rmgroup it.

	"I say we nuke it from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure."
		-- Ripley and me

--
You may redistribute this article only to those who may freely do likewise.
Chip Salzenberg at A T Engineering;  <chip@ateng.com> or <uunet!ateng!chip>

tjw@unix.cis.pitt.edu (TJ Wood WA3VQJ) (11/23/89)

In article <2569C88B.11929@ateng.com> chip@ateng.com (Chip Salzenberg) writes:

>	"I say we nuke it from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure."
>		-- Ripley and me

Ok.  Somebody put Chip into orbit.

--
INTERNET: tjw@unix.cis.pitt.edu  BITNET: TJW@PITTVMS  CC-NET: 33802::tjw
UUCP: {decwrl!decvax!idis, allegra, bellcore}!pitt!unix.cis.pitt.edu!tjw

richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) (11/23/89)

In article <2569C88B.11929@ateng.com> chip@ateng.com (Chip Salzenberg) writes:

>The group champion for sci.aquaria has given it up for dead.  It has
>terrible connectivity.  There's little prospect of improvement.

No. I have *not* given it up for dead. It's just my master plan
coming together. Most people understand this. You probably havn't
got a clue.

--
      USENET: where the name goes on, before the quality goes in.
        richard@gryphon.COM     {routing site}!gryphon!richard

ckd@bu-pub.bu.edu (Christopher Davis) (11/23/89)

In article <2569C88B.11929@ateng.com> chip@ateng.com (Chip Salzenberg) writes:
Chip> "I say we nuke it from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure."
Chip> 	-- Ripley and me

TJ> Ok.  Somebody put Chip into orbit.

Shouldn't this be in sci.space?
[for the humor-impaired: :-) :-) :-) ]
--
 Christopher Davis, BU SMG '90  <ckd@bu-pub.bu.edu> <smghy6c@buacca.bitnet>
 "Technology is dominated by those who manage what they do not understand."