[news.groups] Pierless Punditry

jeffd@ficc.uu.net (jeff daiell) (10/24/89)

In article <5949@tank.uchicago.edu>, suzy@tank.uchicago.edu (Suzy Marie Mercer) writes:

> I have it on very good authority that the only reason
> why sci.rhode_island is being proposed is to get around the
> endless debate about sci/rec.acquaria.

Hey - it's obvious Suzy is biased.  Take a look at that
address again:

suzy@tank.uchicago.edu
     ^^^^

Nice try, Suzy, but you failed to bowl us over.  In the future,
either scale back your efforts or disguise your calling cod.

Jeff Daiell
Seasing all opportunities

--

                My vocabulary can beat up your vocabulary.

beville@cell.mot.COM (Anthony T. Beville) (10/26/89)

In article <6656@ficc.uu.net>, jeffd@ficc.uu.net (jeff daiell) writes:

> Nice try, Suzy, but you failed to bowl us over.  In the future,
> either scale back your efforts or disguise your calling cod.
>
> Jeff Daiell
> Seasing all opportunities

Water you trying to do!?  Can't you sea this is a serious new grouper?
You're just fishing for compliments.  I've haddock with these .aquaria
jokes!  Just clam up!  Fin.

                      Tony Beville
                        (Birds gotta fly, fish gotta fry)

trebor@biar.UUCP (Robert J Woodhead) (10/26/89)

I think it's time to use the old killfile and jetty-son this Pierless
Punditry topic...  ;^)

--
Robert J Woodhead, Biar Games, Inc.   !uunet!biar!trebor | trebor@biar.UUCP
Announcing TEMPORAL EXPRESS.  For only $999,999.95 (per page), your message

The Brilliant Mind of Jeff Daiell (10/26/89)

In article <309@sienna1.UUCP>, beville@cell.mot.COM (Anthony T. Beville) writes:

> Water you trying to do!?  Can't you sea this is a serious new grouper?
> You're just fishing for compliments.  I've haddock with these .aquaria
> jokes!  Just clam up!  Fin.

My cod, man, enough!  I'll tank you to not be present when I
crane my neck to pier into this net again, as I'm not about
to scale back my efforts.  It would disappoint too many bouys
and gulls, so quit crabbing at me.  I'll *not* be dolphin
my hat to *you*!

Jeff "Ahead Wharf Factor 1" Daiell

P. S. What's up, dock?

Disclaimer: These jokes approved by Marlin Brando.

karen@everexn.uucp (Karen Valentino) (10/27/89)

jeffd@ficc.uu.net (jeff daiell) writes:

>In article <5949@tank.uchicago.edu>, suzy@tank.uchicago.edu (Suzy Marie Mercer) writes:

>Hey - it's obvious Suzy is biased.  Take a look at that
>address again:

>suzy@tank.uchicago.edu
>     ^^^^

>Nice try, Suzy, but you failed to bowl us over.  In the future,
>either scale back your efforts or disguise your calling cod.

>Jeff Daiell
>Seasing all opportunities

You're right!  I suggest we snapper up and throw her to the sharks!
If we try to make her talk (or soc, or alt) she'll just clam up.

Karen

--
Karen Valentino  <>  Everex North (Everex Systems)  <>  Sebastopol, CA
                    ..pacbell!mslbrb!everexn!karen

beville@cell.mot.COM (Anthony T. Beville) (10/28/89)

In article <6692@ficc.uu.net>, The Brilliant Mind(?) of Jeff Daiell writes:
> My cod, man, enough!  I'll tank you to not be present when I
> crane my neck to pier into this net again, as I'm not about
> to scale back my efforts.  It would disappoint too many bouys
> and gulls, so quit crabbing at me.  I'll *not* be dolphin
> my hat to *you*!
>
> Disclaimer: These jokes approved by Marlin Brando.

Holy Mackeral!! You know Marlin?!  I met Tuna Turner once, but she was all wet.
Of course, they're both wet behind the ears compared to Gill Gerard, who played
Duck Cod-gers.  And how about that Salmon Rushdie, can that guy swim upstream,  or what?  He's no piker, that's for shore.

(Hey, what is this, sci.pun? Hmmmmmmm.......)

                   Tony
                      ("Fourth down, and time to pun")

evan@telly.on.ca (Evan Leibovitch) (10/29/89)

In article <325@sienna1.UUCP> beville@cell.mot.COM (Anthony T. Beville) writes:
>In article <6692@ficc.uu.net>, The Brilliant Mind(?) of Jeff Daiell writes:
>> My cod, man, enough!  I'll tank you to not be present when I
>> crane my neck to pier into this net again, as I'm not about
>> to scale back my efforts.  It would disappoint too many bouys
>> and gulls, so quit crabbing at me.  I'll *not* be dolphin
>> my hat to *you*!

>> Disclaimer: These jokes approved by Marlin Brando.

>Holy Mackeral!! You know Marlin?!  I met Tuna Turner once, but she was all wet.
>Of course, they're both wet behind the ears compared to Gill Gerard, who played
>Duck Cod-gers.  And how about that Salmon Rushdie, can that guy swim upstream,
>or what?  He's no piker, that's for shore.

Maybe we'll all wake up and sea that this whole dicussion-cum-flamefest was
just a polluted wet dream...
--
   Evan Leibovitch, Sound Software, located in beautiful Brampton, Ontario
                 evan@telly.on.ca / uunet!attcan!telly!evan

davef@brspyr1.BRS.Com (Dave Fiske) (11/01/89)

In article <1989Oct27.001242.1276@everexn.uucp>, karen@everexn.uucp (Karen Valentino) writes:
> jeffd@ficc.uu.net (jeff daiell) writes:

> >In article <5949@tank.uchicago.edu>, suzy@tank.uchicago.edu (Suzy Marie Mercer) writes:

> >Hey - it's obvious Suzy is biased.  Take a look at that
> >address again:

> >suzy@tank.uchicago.edu
> >     ^^^^

> >Nice try, Suzy, but you failed to bowl us over.  In the future,
> >either scale back your efforts or disguise your calling cod.

> You're right!  I suggest we snapper up and throw her to the sharks!
                                             ^^^^^^^^^
                      Don't you mean "lobster"?

> If we try to make her talk (or soc, or alt) she'll just clam up.

C'mon, get these puns out of here, and post them in rec.humor.finny where they
belong!

:^)

--
"MAN CHOKES TO DEATH --              Dave Fiske  (davef@brspyr1.BRS.COM)
 ON A SNAKE!"

jeffd@ficc.uu.net (Jeff Daiell) (11/02/89)

In article <6474@brspyr1.BRS.Com>, davef@brspyr1.BRS.Com (Dave Fiske) writes:
> In article <1989Oct27.001242.1276@everexn.uucp>, karen@everexn.uucp
>(Karen Valentino) writes:
> > jeffd@ficc.uu.net (jeff daiell) writes:

Clever puns by three clever persons deleted.

> --
> "MAN CHOKES TO DEATH --              Dave Fiske  (davef@brspyr1.BRS.COM)
>  ON A SNAKE!"

Karen, do you think he's just trying to rattle us?

Jeff

PS - What kind of a hot dog do witches and goblins eat?
     A hollow wienie.

bill@twwells.com (T. William Wells) (11/11/89)

In article <6506@brspyr1.BRS.Com> davef@brspyr1.BRS.Com (Dave Fiske) writes:

:-)

Hey, rec.humor.puns anyone?

Or should that be sci.puns :-(

---
bill@twwells.com

jeffd@ficc.uu.net (jeff daiell) (11/11/89)

In article <6507@brspyr1.BRS.Com>, davef@brspyr1.BRS.Com (Dave Fiske) writes:

> "CROOK ROBS 16 BANKS --              Dave Fiske  (davef@brspyr1.BRS.COM)
>  WITH A CUCUMBER"
>                                      Home:  David_A_Fiske@cup.portal.com
> Headline from Weekly World News             CIS: 75415,163  GEnie: davef

I wish you would quit peppering us with these WWN headlines!

Para un Tejas Libre,

Jeff Daiell

Mara, if my reply didn't get through, please try again!

--
           "'Tis not too late to seek a newer world."

                           -- Alfred, Lord Tennyson

allbery@NCoast.ORG (Brandon S. Allbery) (11/13/89)

As quoted from <1989Nov10.200415.8518@twwells.com> by bill@twwells.com (T. William Wells):
+---------------
| Hey, rec.humor.puns anyone?
| Or should that be sci.puns :-(
+---------------

A bit late to complain about the namespace, don't you think?  --considering
that we seem to have news.puns at the moment?  ;-)

++Brandon
--
Brandon S. Allbery    allbery@NCoast.ORG, BALLBERY (MCI Mail), ALLBERY (Delphi)
uunet!hal.cwru.edu!ncoast!allbery ncoast!allbery@hal.cwru.edu bsa@telotech.uucp

karen@everexn.uucp (Karen Valentino) (11/13/89)

:  In article <6870@ficc.uu.net>, jeffd@ficc.uu.net (jeff daiell) writes:
: = In article <1989Nov5.220209.5294@everexn.uucp>, THE Karen Valentino writes:
: = > : jeffd@ficc.uu.net (Jeff Daiell) writes:
: =
: = > : >> "MAN CHOKES TO DEATH --              Dave Fiske  (davef@brspyr1.BRS.COM)
: = > : >>  ON A SNAKE!"
: = > :
: = > : >Karen, do you think he's just trying to rattle us?
: = > :
: = > : >Jeff
: = >
: = > Dunno.  Let's asp him.
: = Only one of us should.  He can't be the serpent of two masters.
: =
: = Jeff
:
:
: Well!  Fangs for your adder lack of support!
:
:
: (PS:  Writhe me some email, you two.)

Well, Jeff and Dave,

We seem to be scaling new lows with these atrocious puns!
Besides, I'm really a slithering idiot when it comes to writing
them.  Time to take our repartee offline, before the kings asp
us to take our yellowbellies elsewhere.  Some people may fail
to see the connection between news.groups and snakes.  :-)

: Karen,
:
: As long as we're doing snake puns, you could do my heart
: wonders by telling your husband he can have his diamondback.
: {|8^)] {|8^)] {|8^)]
:
: Jeff

Fear not.  You'll get your chance to throw the garter one of these
days.  You'll meet some toothsome thing and think only of entwining
with her.

Cheers,

Karen
--
Karen Valentino  <>  Everex North (Everex Systems)  <>  Sebastopol, CA
                    ..pacbell!mslbrb!everexn!karen

     "Something there is that doesn't love a wall."   Robert Frost

jmi@devsim.mdcbbs.com ((JM Ivler) MDC - Douglas Aircraft Co. Long Beach, CA.) (11/16/89)

In article <6933@ficc.uu.net>, jeffd@ficc.uu.net (jeff daiell) writes:
> In article <6507@brspyr1.BRS.Com>, davef@brspyr1.BRS.Com (Dave Fiske) writes:
>
>> "CROOK ROBS 16 BANKS --              Dave Fiske  (davef@brspyr1.BRS.COM)
>>  WITH A CUCUMBER"
>>                                      Home:  David_A_Fiske@cup.portal.com
>> Headline from Weekly World News             CIS: 75415,163  GEnie: davef
>

> I wish you would quit peppering us with these WWN headlines!

If these puns don't stop in news.groups, we will all be in a pickle. The
net.gods will be in a jam and we could all end up in the soup. Just food for
thought.

| J.M. Ivler at Douglas Aircraft in Long Beach, CA  - VOICE: (213) 496-8727 |
| INTERNET:  jmi@devsim.mdcbbs.com  | UUCP:  uunet!mdcbbs!devsim.mdcbbs!jmi |

edhew@xenitec.on.ca (Ed Hew) (11/24/89)