[news.groups] virtual worlds newsgroup

djs@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (David J. Sturman) (11/21/89)

>Subject: Re: CALL FOR DISCUSSION: SCI.VIRTUAL-WORLDS
>Newsgroups: sci.research,sci.med,sci.psychology,comp.graphics,comp.cog-eng,alt.cyberspace,alt.cyberpunk

>[The following message has been posted to news.announce.newgroups.  A
>discussion has ensued in news.groups.  Please feel free to join in.]

>         CALL FOR DISCUSSION OF A PROPOSED NEW NEWSGROUP:
>
>                        SCI.VIRTUAL-WORLDS

I'm all for it.
David Sturman
MIT Media Lab
djs@media-lab.media.mit.edu

kmont@hpindda.HP.COM (Kevin Montgomery) (11/21/89)

/ hpindda:news.groups / djs@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (David J. Sturman) / 10:43 am  Nov 20, 1989 /
>Subject: Re: CALL FOR DISCUSSION: SCI.VIRTUAL-WORLDS

After the talk today, I'm in.  (and already have a few topics of conversation
I'd like to post)  Does VPL get a usenet feed?

					kevin

PLFaith@cup.portal.com (Patrick L Faith) (11/26/89)

I have been having a hard time building a quorum to generate a standard on
3-D user interfaces, something that the new news group will solve.  The
creation of the group, could have a major impact, in that it will allow
researchers which ussually never talk around, but have large impacts in the
computer industry, to get together.  (doesn't appear today that I can
write or talk )  Any way, Yes, Yes, Yes !!!

					P L Faith