[news.groups] newgroup comp.sys.ti.geneve

" Maynard) (11/27/89)

In article <153@ramrez.UUCP> martin@ramrez.UUCP (Mark Martin) writes:
>I have created this Newsgroup for all the people who own and operate the
>TI/GENEVE 9640.  I am online to help and assist you with your problems
>and any questions that you might have.  I will also be letting you know
>about any new developments in hardware.  I am very interested to see what
>kind of following, this system has created, so any and all responses will
>be greatly apprecatiated .... Thanks...

Did this ever get discussed or voted on? Was it drowned in the
effluvient of *.aquaria? I don't recall seeing it...

Further, who is this guy? Does he sell GENEVEs? It sure sounds like
it...or something similar.

--
Jay Maynard, EMT-P, K5ZC, PP-ASEL   | Never ascribe to malice that which can
jay@splut.conmicro.com       (eieio)| adequately be explained by stupidity.

njs@scifi.UUCP (Nicholas J. Simicich) (11/28/89)

In article <81-.6A@splut.conmicro.com> jay@splut.conmicro.com (Jay "you ignorant splut!" Maynard) writes:
>In article <153@ramrez.UUCP> martin@ramrez.UUCP (Mark Martin) writes:
>>I have created this Newsgroup for all the people who own and operate the
>>TI/GENEVE 9640.  I am online to help and assist you with your problems
>>and any questions that you might have.  I will also be letting you know
>>about any new developments in hardware.  I am very interested to see what
>>kind of following, this system has created, so any and all responses will
>>be greatly apprecatiated .... Thanks...
>
>Did this ever get discussed or voted on? Was it drowned in the
>effluvient of *.aquaria? I don't recall seeing it...
>
>Further, who is this guy? Does he sell GENEVEs? It sure sounds like
>it...or something similar.

I logged on to his bulletin board, which appears to be a Unix like system of
some flavor, where a new user gets a restricted login.  I tried to leave
mail for him noting that his newgroup was bogus, but his regular mail
command was broken, so I catted the message I wanted to leave him onto
his root mailbox, which I hope he will read.  I think he does.  I don't
think he will see this, though, as he doesn't get news.groups, far as I can
tell.  Thus, he has at least some sense.

-=-=-=-
Mail to me is bouncing, I'm told, when addressed to scifi.  However, I'm
getting a fair number of votes, so I'm fairly sure that it is not all
bouncing.  If your mail does bounce, please send your vote to njs@ibm.com.
That address seems to be reliable.

--
Nick Simicich --- uunet!bywater!scifi!njs --- njs@ibm.com (Internet)