[news.groups] CALL FOR DISCUSSION: rec.games.frp.fiction or alt.frp.fiction

tsource@wet.UUCP (Aryeh Friedman) (12/07/89)

Lately rec.games.frp has been getting alot of fictional stories posted to it.
In my option these deserve to have their own group.  Also people have been
posting stuff that is about a specfic campaigns and are lossing the rest of
the net in a private conversation which would be ok in this group.
Examples: Tower of Tabernak (sp?) and Diana and the what ever characters are
involved.

--
Aryeh Friedman (tsource)		Email:  tsource@wet.UUCP
					or aryeh@cash.ucsc.edu

davidbe@sco.COM (The Cat in the Hat) (12/08/89)

rec.games.frp's own tsource@wet.UUCP (Aryeh Friedman) said:
-Lately rec.games.frp has been getting alot of fictional stories posted to it.
-In my option these deserve to have their own group.

Actually, I haven't really seen the volume that would "demand" that a new
group be created.

What I'd like to see is that people who post fiction put the keyword "FICTION"
in their header, so I can modify my kill file more easily.  Because, in
general, I don't care one bit about your D&D campaign.

Also remember that alt.prose also exists; should you feel the need to write.

--
        David Bedno aka davidbe@sco.COM: Speaking from but not for SCO.

"Gentlemen don't call each other names Withers, so to spare me the stigma
 of being forced to conduct myself in an ungentlemanly fashion, perhaps
 you would be so good as to think of an appropriate name for yourSELF!"
						     - Oscar, Cerebus #125

oliver@unc.cs.unc.edu (Bill Oliver) (12/08/89)

In article <834@wet.UUCP> tsource@wet.UUCP (Aryeh Friedman) writes:
>Lately rec.games.frp has been getting alot of fictional stories posted to it.
>In my option these deserve to have their own group.  Also people have been
>posting stuff that is about a specfic campaigns and are lossing the rest of
>the net in a private conversation which would be ok in this group.
>Examples: Tower of Tabernak (sp?) and Diana and the what ever characters are
>involved.

I don't think it would be a good idea.  First, these stories come and go.
Second, most of the discussions of private campaigns are intelligible
if you start reading them from the beginning -- like many conversations,
they are incomprehensible when you come in halfway through.  Finally,
IMHO rec.game.frp still has a nicely manageable volume, and there is
no reason to fix what ain't broken.  If the volume of the group were
way up there, and sifting through the group was a hassle, then I would
agree.  But things seem pretty much OK to me, right now.  I don't see
the need to split it up.

billo

stehman@hubcap.clemson.edu (Jeff Stehman) (12/08/89)

From article <550@scorn.sco.COM>, by davidbe@sco.COM (The Cat in the Hat):
> What I'd like to see is that people who post fiction put the keyword "FICTION"
> in their header, so I can modify my kill file more easily.

	Whatever you do, please do not put any all-cap words in your
headers.  They are very annoying.

						Jeff Stehman