[news.groups] OOPS! -- Bad header in comp.software.misc Call-For-Votes

jtc@van-bc.UUCP (J.T. Conklin) (12/22/89)

It has come to my attention that the Reply-To: header of the
comp.software.misc was munged up.

If you've sent a vote, and it bounced, please send it again to
one of the addresses listed below:

    DNS:  jtc@wimsey.bc.ca
    UUCP: ...!{uunet, ubc-cs}!van-bc!jtc

Sorry about the screw up,

    --jtc

--
J.T. Conklin
	...!{uunet,ubc-cs}!van-bc!jtc, jtc@wimsey.bc.ca

dww@stl.stc.co.uk (David Wright) (12/24/89)

#
#If you've sent a vote, and it bounced, please send it again to
#one of the addresses listed below:
#
#    DNS:  jtc@wimsey.bc.ca
#    UUCP: ...!{uunet, ubc-cs}!van-bc!jtc

The Reply-to: was OK in the version I saw - but the address doesn't work!
See the following lines from the 'bounce' I got when I voted.
Note: mcsun.eu.net is now on the Internet, so has access to the internet
name servers - though it's possible that it's been talking to one with
out of date tables which nevertheless claims to be 'authentic'.

Date: Sat, 23 Dec 89 23:33:03 +0100
From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON@mcsun.eu.net>
Subject: Returned mail: Host unknown

554 wimsy.bc.ca!jtc... 550 Host unknown (Authoritative answer from name server)