[news.groups] Pink Floyd Voting

sullivan@aqdata.uucp (Michael T. Sullivan) (12/21/89)

From article <89353.142234TAR@MAINE.BITNET>, by TAR@MAINE.BITNET (Thom Rounds):

> down anyone's throat. However, I'm still quite confident that the Floyd fans
> out there want this group enough to get it put there. Noone has been voting.
> The reason wasn't clear to me until now when someone was kind enough to show
> me that my attitude was way out of line. I agree. I was out of line, and I was
> trying to shove rec.music.pfloyd down the net's throat. For that I apologize.
> I only hope you people can forgive me enough to start voting.

I haven't seen a CALL FOR VOTES for rec.music.pfloyd and a check of articles
we have received confirms this.  This is the reason a vote hasn't been sent
in by me.  Has anyone else seen a CALL FOR VOTES fo rec.music.pfloyd??
--
Michael Sullivan          uunet!jarthur.uucp!aqdata!sullivan
aQdata, Inc.

sommar@enea.se (Erland Sommarskog) (12/22/89)

Michael T. Sullivan (sullivan@aqdata.uucp) writes:
 >I haven't seen a CALL FOR VOTES for rec.music.pfloyd and a check of articles
 >we have received confirms this.  This is the reason a vote hasn't been sent
 >in by me.  Has anyone else seen a CALL FOR VOTES fo rec.music.pfloyd??

I haven't even seen a call for discussion in the right place.
--
Erland Sommarskog - ENEA Data, Stockholm - sommar@enea.se
Mail me your votes on comp.lang.cobol.

TAR@MAINE.BITNET (Thom Rounds) (12/23/89)

In article <574@enea.se>, sommar@enea.se (Erland Sommarskog) says:

>Michael T. Sullivan (sullivan@aqdata.uucp) writes:
> >I haven't seen a CALL FOR VOTES for rec.music.pfloyd and a check of articles
> >we have received confirms this.  This is the reason a vote hasn't been sent
> >in by me.  Has anyone else seen a CALL FOR VOTES fo rec.music.pfloyd??
>
>I haven't even seen a call for discussion in the right place.
>--
>Erland Sommarskog - ENEA Data, Stockholm - sommar@enea.se
>Mail me your votes on comp.lang.cobol.

    I posted the Call for Discussion for rec.music.pfloyd in news.group AND
news.accounce.newgroups, not to mention alt.rock-n-roll and rec.music.misc.
If you didn't see it, you weren't paying attention.

rshapiro@bbn.com (Richard Shapiro) (12/25/89)

In article <TAR.89356213315@MAINE.BITNET> TAR@MAINE.BITNET (Thom Rounds) writes:
>In article <574@enea.se>, sommar@enea.se (Erland Sommarskog) says:
>>I haven't even seen a call for discussion in the right place.
>
>    I posted the Call for Discussion for rec.music.pfloyd in news.group AND
>news.accounce.newgroups, not to mention alt.rock-n-roll and rec.music.misc.
>If you didn't see it, you weren't paying attention.

Assuming you mean "news.announce.newgroups" and "news.groups", I
didn't see any call for discussion there either (and I pay very close
attention to the former, at least). I don't read alt.rock-n-roll
anymore and I only skim through r.m.misc, so it certainly could have
appeared on one of those two.

Of course if you posted to the groups precisely as you spelled them,
that would explain the problem (and also justify Erland's point that
the call for discussion went to the wrong places).

To simplify matters, I suggest you simply repost the call for
discussion.