[news.groups] Call for discussion re: rec.antique-radio

rissa@attctc.Dallas.TX.US (Patricia O Tuama) (12/28/89)

In article <-#DC7-@rpi.edu> tale@cs.rpi.edu (David C Lawrence) writes:
>In article <1078@swbatl.UUCP> adams@swbatl.UUCP (4237) writes:
>> Hence I propose rec.antique-radio for the discussion of early radio
>> news, hints and discussion.
>I suspect that there is not enough traffic on this topic to justify
>purusing a newsgroup for it, but if it is indeed brought to vote I
>think that a better place for it would be in the newly formed
>rec.radio hierarchy as rec.radio.antique.

Or alternatively, 4237 could simply follow the new da Silva voting
process and call for a vote today for talk.antique-radio or perhaps
misc.antique-radio since it fulfills Chuq's requirement that the
group be complimentary but not overlapping.

Just make sure you call it an "opinion poll" on a newsgroup name and
not an actual vote, otherwise you'll violate Peter's guidelines to
say nothing of his common sense.

Hope this helps.

bill@twwells.com (T. William Wells) (12/29/89)

In article <10761@attctc.Dallas.TX.US> rissa@attctc.Dallas.TX.US (Patricia O Tuama) writes:
: Or alternatively, 4237 could simply follow the new da Silva voting

Ok, Ok, OK!!!!!

We Know You Don't Like What He Did!

We also know you don't know when to quit.

Now would be a good time.

---
bill@twwells.com

rissa@attctc.Dallas.TX.US (Patricia O Tuama) (12/30/89)

In article <1989Dec28.192041.12411@twwells.com> bill@twwells.com (T. William Wells) writes:
>We Know You Don't Like What He Did!

That's Not True, T. William!!!  Not At All!!

Seriously, I see a lot of potential for Peter's new voting guide-
lines.  I think they're a fine idea.  They will certainly stream-
line the newsgroup creation process enormously and just think of
all the time and excess discussion they will save.

For instance, now that Evan Leibovitch has called for rec.arts.
erotica, someone else could come along and take an opinion poll
on talk.sex or soc.sex without ever having to bother with a sep-
arate discussion period.  And then, of course, under Chuq's "if
it quacks like a vote then it is a vote" ruling, voila!  Instant
newsgroup!

In terms of making it easier to create new groups, the da Silva
voting process is the best thing to come along since Brian set up
the alt.hierarchy.