[news.groups] Bill Vajk memorial ``DOESN'T UNDERSTAND USENET'' award of 1990

richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) (01/04/90)

In article <TAR.90002231847@MAINE.BITNET> TAR@MAINE.BITNET (Thom Rounds) writes:
>In article <24104@gryphon.COM>, richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) stops laughing long enough to post:
>>
>>In article <1990Jan1.194234.1679@lth.se> bengtl@maths.lth.se (Bengt Larsson)
>>writes:

>>start over.
>>>
>>>If it is true that Richard Sexton has been cancelling your articles he
>>>should be tarred and feathered.
>>
>> [part where I explained about cancelling Htom articles was a JOKE
>> (Noun, L _jocus_; akin to OHG _gehan_ to say, Skt _Yacati_ he implores
1. something said or done to provoke laughter, esp. a brief oral
narrative with a climactic humorous twist, 2. the humorous or
ridiculous elemant in something; an instance of jesting: KIDDING <can't
take a ~> 3. pratical joke 4. LAUGHINGSTICK 5. somthing not to
be taken seriously: a trifling matter. _syn_ see *jest*) deleted

>>Now, as to why nobody ever saw Htoms call for votes, do you suppose
>>there is any chance that he posted it to that there MODERATED group
>>that has all the OFFICIAL newsgroup announcements, and that since
>>it's holiday season and Greg is in Bora Bora there might be a little
>>delay in posting Htoms article ?
>>
>>Just a guess...
>
>    Nice try, Richard. But, my call for votes was ALSO posted to
>alt.rock-n-roll and rec.music.misc. And ALSO, I posted the call for discussion
>in those four aforementioned groups, at the end of November. The original call
>for votes went out and Dec. 17. The repost went out two or three days later.
>Now then, at least the people on the unmoderated groups should have seen them.
>They did not. And I couldn't help but remember your threat to cancel my art-
>icles and your constant nagging and saying 'The Floyd group will fail'. Now,
>just putting two and two together wind up with you. You are the only real ex-
>paination, Richard. NOBODY saw the call fo Votes, and only a few people saw the
>call for Discussion. Now, take those facts and all the things you've said and
>done in the past, and what do you get?

I get lemonade.

You didn't crosspost your silly assed call for votes to those groups
when you posted it to the moderated groups did you.

At any rate, Htom, I'm sure everybody would love to see one
of these cancellation control messages. I know I would.

These newbies, I swear....