[news.groups] Happy new year everybody!

Ok, I'm a little late, but I've finished my New Years list of
resolutions, and since it affects many of you people here on
the net, I've decided to post it here. Besides, maybe some
of you can help me to achieve my goals. At any rate, here
is the list:

        o Stop being such a pompous windbag. I really do
        have a problem with an exaggerated sense of self
        importance. In other words I'm going to try to
        keep my rather large ego in check.

        o Stop being a net.psuedo-god. Who am I kidding ?
        So few people take me seriously any more that this
        is rather redundant anyway.

        o Seek medical help about my gas problem. You
        don't want to know about the details.

        o Lose 100 pounds. I'm going to try again this
        year.

        o Stop taking the net so seriously. I'm going
        try again this year.

        o Live and let live. I'm going to try to stay
        out of other peoples business, and try not be
        so critical.

        o Stop forging postings. Enough said about that
        one.

I don't really feel I have to apologize for my behavior in
the previous year, but I am going to see if I can stick to
these.

Thank you.

The new, improved, Chuq von Rospach.

--

Chuq Von Rospach   <+>   chuq@apple.com   <+>   [This is myself speaking]

Trivia question for the week: What do the following names all have in
common? JHenderson, Milo D. Cooper, Clayton Cramer, Oleg Kiselev, Tim Maroney
Bob Mosley III, Richard Sexton, Dave Sill, Brad Templeton, Patricia O Tuama.

    In theory, chuq@Apple.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) writes:

    >Ok, I'm a little late, but I've finished my New Years list of
    >resolutions, and since it affects many of you people here on
    >the net, I've decided to post it here. Besides, maybe some
    >of you can help me to achieve my goals. At any rate, here
    >is the list:

In case anyone wonders, this was a forgery. Not a particulary good one, either.

Unless, of course, this message is a forgery. Or neither. Or even both.
That's the fun thing about USENET. Reality is so slippery.

--

Chuq Von Rospach   <+>   chuq@apple.com   <+>   [This is myself speaking]

The Answer? That would be telling, Number Six.

In article <37828@apple.Apple.COM> chuq@Apple.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) wrote:

>Ok, I'm a little late, but I've finished my New Years list of
>resolutions, and since it affects many of you people here on
>the net, I've decided to post it here. Besides, maybe some
>of you can help me to achieve my goals. At any rate, here
>is the list:
>
>        o Stop being such a pompous windbag. I really do
>        have a problem with an exaggerated sense of self
>        importance. In other words I'm going to try to
>        keep my rather large ego in check.
>
>        o Stop being a net.psuedo-god. Who am I kidding ?
>        So few people take me seriously any more that this
>        is rather redundant anyway.
>
>        o Seek medical help about my gas problem. You
>        don't want to know about the details.
>
>        o Lose 100 pounds. I'm going to try again this
>        year.
>
>        o Stop taking the net so seriously. I'm going
>        try again this year.
>
>        o Live and let live. I'm going to try to stay
>        out of other peoples business, and try not be
>        so critical.
>
>        o Stop forging postings. Enough said about that
>        one.
>
>I don't really feel I have to apologize for my behavior in
>the previous year, but I am going to see if I can stick to
>these.
>
>Thank you.
>
>The new, improved, Chuq von Rospach.

Some child has forged the above posting from me. I don't intend
to do any of those things.

Chuq.