[news.groups] Quoting signatures

sommar@enea.se (Erland Sommarskog) (12/31/89)

Thom Rounds (TAR@MAINE.BITNET) writes:
)Gary Heston (gary@sci34hub.UUCP) says:
))) )) )    Gary Heston  [ some .sig below ]
))
))Speaking of growing up, was there any particular reason you changed the
))word "full" in the above line to "some"? Do you really think the people
)...
))--
))    Gary Heston     { uunet!sci34hub!gary  }    System Mismanager
))   SCI Technology, Inc.  OEM Products Department  (i.e., computers)
))      Hestons' First Law: I qualify virtually everything I say.
)
)    I'm a jerk, folks. I only posted the first line of his .sig last time. Well
)for those of you who have been in suspense the whole time here is his entire
).sig. Thank you for waiting.

To settle this non-debate more definitely, my view is: don't quote
signatures at all. Just a waste of bandwidth.
--
Erland Sommarskog - ENEA Data, Stockholm - sommar@enea.se
Unix is a virus.

rick@ofa123.FIDONET.ORG (Rick Ellis) (01/07/90)

In a message of <Jan 06 06:52>, Erland Sommarskog (1:102/161) writes:

 >To settle this non-debate more definitely, my view is: don't quote
 >signatures at all. Just a waste of bandwidth.

I agree!

--
Rick Ellis
...!{dhw68k,conexch}!ofa123!rick                             rick@ofa123.FIDONET.ORG

moriarty@tc.fluke.COM (Jeff Meyer) (01/12/90)

>In a message of <Jan 06 06:52>, Erland Sommarskog (1:102/161) writes:
> >To settle this non-debate more definitely, my view is: don't quote
> >signatures at all. Just a waste of bandwidth.

It also, at least to me, implies a certain amount of laziness in the poster,
or unfamiliarity with the posting software.

And then they get dropped from my Christmas list.

So, don't quote other people's signatures.  Jerry Boyajian doesn't, and I
gave him a Lear jet for his birthday.

[I believe that should provide incentive....]

                            DAVE BARRY'S 1989 IN REVIEW -- May 31st
                               "Somebody wins yet another exciting and
                                memorable running of the Indianapolis 500,
                                an exhibition of driving skill featuring
                                cars sponsored by Budweiser, Miller,
                                Budweiser Light, Miller Dry, Budweiser Wet,
                                Jim Beam, Marlboro, Miller Flat, Camel and
                                the Medellin Drug Cartel."
---
                                        Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
INTERNET:     moriarty@tc.fluke.COM
Manual UUCP:  {uw-beaver, sun, microsoft, hplsla, uiucuxc}!fluke!moriarty
CREDO:        You gotta be Cruel to be Kind...