[news.groups] a newsgroup for those involved in non-commercial radio

dsrekrg@prism.gatech.EDU (Rob Gibson) (01/14/90)

This is a call for discussion on the creation of a new newsgroup
to provide a forum for the discussion of non-commercial radio.

Subjects discussed might include non-commercial AM/FM radio of the
college and NPR variety as well as carrier current and cable based radio.

Rob Gibson, General Manager
WREK 91.1 MHz, 40000 watts of non-commercial diversity
Georgia Tech, Atlanta Georgia, 30332
404/894-2468
uucp: ...!{allegra,amd,hplabs,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!prism!dsrekrg
ARPA: dsrekrg@prism.gatech.edu

toto@tank.uchicago.edu (Sandra Jessica Smyth) (01/15/90)

:
:Subjects discussed might include non-commercial AM/FM radio of the
:college and NPR variety as well as carrier current and cable based radio.
:

There seems to be some confusion in this call. The heading seems
to imply that the newsgroup is for "those invloved" but the body
of the article seems to indicate that it is for *any* discussion
of non-commercial radio.

I would vote for the latter; the former seems to be better suited
to a mailing list.

--
Sandra Jessica Smyth                    Believer in lost causes
toto@tank.uchicago.edu

nimal@unix.ecs.rpi.edu (Nimal Ratnayake) (01/18/90)

In article <4851@hydra.gatech.EDU> dsrekrg@prism.gatech.EDU (Rob Gibson) writes:
>This is a call for discussion on the creation of a new newsgroup
>to provide a forum for the discussion of non-commercial radio.
>
>Subjects discussed might include non-commercial AM/FM radio of the
>college and NPR variety as well as carrier current and cable based radio.

    I support the idea. But, as somebody already pointed out, it would
be even better if the newsgroup is for those *interested* in non-commercial
radio as well.

   Nimal Ratnayake                               <nimalr@ecse.rpi.edu>
   WRPI 91.5 FM Troy, NY                         <fd2z@rpitsmts.bitnet>
   Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute