[news.groups] Telepathy?

jeffd@ficc.uu.net (jeff daiell) (01/18/90)

Tricky Dicky sneers:
>Jeff Daiell will follow this article up makeing
>a snide comment, that he no doubt thinks is funny, but most other
>poeple do not.

Are you claiming to be telephathic now, Tricky Dicky?  I hope you're
not claiming your comment is based on a poll --- your willingness
to run an honest vote has been pretty well impeached.

Jeff

--
  If a hungry man has water, and a thirsty man has bread,
  Then if they trade, be not dismayed, they both come out ahead.

                                   -- Don Paarlberg

Richard Sexton:
> >Jeff Daiell will follow this article up makeing
> >a snide comment, that he no doubt thinks is funny, but most other
> >poeple do not.

Jeff Daiell:
> Are you claiming to be telephathic now, Tricky Dicky?  I hope you're
> not claiming your comment is based on a poll --- your willingness
> to run an honest vote has been pretty well impeached.

I'd say Richard Sexton's telepathy is batting 1.000 on this subject.

I still can't figure out what his comment about terminal cancer referred
to, though. There's absolutely nothing in Jeff's posting referring to
it. On the other hand people under stress have been known to jump at
shadows. If a friend of Richard's is dying, perhaps we can have a
moratorium on gratuitous Sexton-bashing, eh?
--
 _--_|\  Peter da Silva. +1 713 274 5180. <peter@ficc.uu.net>.
/      \

jeffd@ficc.uu.net (jeff daiell) (01/19/90)

In article <4A51YO4xds13@ficc.uu.net>, peter@ficc.uu.net (Peter da Silva) writes:

> I'd say Richard Sexton's telepathy is batting 1.000 on this subject.

We have to quit disagreeing in public, Peter.  It will take away
Tricky Dicky's excuse that I only criticize him out of coworkerly
loyalty to you.

 perhaps we can have a
> moratorium on gratuitous Sexton-bashing, eh?

I haven't seen any *gratuitous* Trickster-bashing.  A lot of
*justified* Trickster-bashing, but no *gratuitous* Trickster-bashing.

Jeff

--
  If a hungry man has water, and a thirsty man has bread,
  Then if they trade, be not dismayed, they both come out ahead.

                                   -- Don Paarlberg

scott@spectra.COM (Tim Scott) (01/19/90)

Dear Peter:

Oh pshaw, my friend. If you (or anyone else who has been reading
Netnews for more than a week) believed Richard Sexton's bit about
"terminal cancer" for more than a microsecond, I got a bridge to
sell you... :-)

Ironically, even if it were true that he knew someone with a terminal
disease, his diligent efforts to undermine his own credibility would
ensure that he would be neither believed by or offered sympathy from
all but the most gullible or green of Usenetters. (Whew, what a
sentence. We're charged by how many periods we use here....  :-) )

I continue to be astonished at the energy some Usenet people put in
to making themselves look foolish. Hey, I love attention too (otherwise
I'd exert control and lurk). But I hope I know when enough's enough.

If flamers were ignored, they'd probably go away. ("in space, no one
can hear you flame") Sometimes it is amusing, sometimes even necessary.
How much baiting can you take and not respond? This is the art of
certain flamers (the "terminal cancer" flame was a good example--
I wonder if there was a play on words with "terminal"?...)

But it never accomplishes anything, really, and usually it's just
stupid.

Best regards to all... Ueber and aus... :-)

P.S. Feel free to vituperate me by email. I will summarize all flames
and post :-)

Tim P Scott     . . sending from: Spectragraphics Corp.
9707 Waples St., San Diego CA 92121  [USA]+619-587-6834
Try: scott@spectra.com  or ...{ucsd!}nosc!spectra!scott