[news.groups] comp.sys.intergraph

weening@shelby.Stanford.EDU (Joe Weening) (01/20/90)

We have the following message in /usr/spool/news/junk.  I can't find
any indication that a group comp.sys.intergraph exists, but a lot of
systems seem to know about it.  Can anyone shed light on this?

  Newsgroups: comp.sys.intergraph

tale@cs.rpi.edu (David C Lawrence) (01/20/90)

It's in my junk spool too, and I've passed the message on to all my
neighbours.  Those that are C News sites will in turn forward it
on to all of their neighbours and so on and so on.  It isn't in spaf's
lists of either regular USENET or INET groups, and I don't remember any
recent newgroups for it.

I've also recently got one each of talk.politics and alt.sca articles.
I just mail the writer of such an article a message to let him know
that the group he posted to most likely does not have very good
distribution.  I offer what I think is a better alternative, like
talk.politics.misc or rec.org.sca.

Dave
--
   (setq mail '("tale@cs.rpi.edu" "tale@ai.mit.edu" "tale@rpitsmts.bitnet"))