[news.groups] is sci.aquaria really alive?

wayne@dsndata.uucp (Wayne Schlitt) (01/18/90)

In article <24823@gryphon.COM> richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
> In article <7931ETCggpc2@ficc.uu.net> peter@ficc.uu.net (Peter da Silva) writes:
> >Actually it was. The proposal was to remove sci.aquaria and create whatever
> >group won. Go back and re-read it. Since it turns out that sci.aquaria is
> >dead anyway I decided pushing for deletion would be a waste of time.
>
> I keep getting mail of the ``hey, we just got sci.aquaria here'' type,
> which leads me to believe it's not dead. Hell, it ain't even sick.

hmmm... in my neck of the woods, as soon as rec.aquaria got created
the volume of sci.aquaria dropped to zero.  heck, i even took out my
alias of sci.aquaria to rec.pets.fish and it didnt change.  i dont
know about the rest of the net, but i would guess that a lot of places
effectively dont get sci.aquaria.

-wayne

xanthian@saturn.ADS.COM (Metafont Consultant Account) (01/20/90)

In article <WAYNE.90Jan17183657@dsndata.uucp> wayne@dsndata.uucp (Wayne Schlitt) writes:
=In article <24823@gryphon.COM> richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
=> In article <7931ETCggpc2@ficc.uu.net> peter@ficc.uu.net (Peter da Silva) writes:
=> >Actually it was. The proposal was to remove sci.aquaria and create whatever
=> >group won. Go back and re-read it. Since it turns out that sci.aquaria is
=> >dead anyway I decided pushing for deletion would be a waste of time.
=>
=
=hmmm... in my neck of the woods, as soon as rec.aquaria got created
=the volume of sci.aquaria dropped to zero.  heck, i even took out my
=alias of sci.aquaria to rec.pets.fish and it didnt change.  i dont
=know about the rest of the net, but i would guess that a lot of places
=effectively dont get sci.aquaria.
=
=-wayne

Well, here we are receiving about 100 articles a week (closer to the
source, I guess), about 30 of which are not crossposted, which to me
is a pretty lively newsgroup.

However, I see very little _science_ in the postings, its just more
"which bulb should I use to make my plants grow" and "my fishie died"
postings, as of old.

Even some of mine!

--
Again, my opinions, not the account furnishers'.

xanthian@well.sf.ca.us  xanthian@ads.com (Kent Paul Dolan)
Kent, the (bionic) man from xanth, now available as a build-a-xanthian
kit at better toy stores near you.  Warning - some parts proven fragile.
-> METAFONT, TeX, graphics programming done on spec -- (415) 964-4486 <-