[news.groups] newgroup alt.fan.dave_barry

davidbe@sco.COM (The Cat in the Hat) (01/19/90)

She said that he said that she said that rassilon@eddie.mit.edu (Brian Preble) said:
-Let me start out by saying that this list is *NOT* to be used to post
-Dave Barry's articles.  What it is is a place to extoll the virtues of
-our beloved newsman, flame about editors, discuss key issues in the
-always up-and-coming "Dave Barry For President" campaing, and generally
-let off steam.  Enjoy!

Oh great.  Just what we need.  A raving fanboy newsgroup.  Not that I
have anything against it, but you could have asked.

*plonk*

--
      David Bedno, Systems Administrator, The Santa Cruz Operation, Inc.
    Email: davidbe@sco.COM / ..!{uunet,sun,ucbvax!ucscc,gorn}!sco!davidbe

         my toes know the ramble, and i can dance my dance   - chaos

ra@asuvax.asu.edu (Starcap'n Ra) (01/20/90)

In article <1511@scorn.sco.COM>, davidbe@sco.COM (The Cat in the Hat) writes:
> rassilon@eddie.mit.edu (Brian Preble) said:
> -Let me start out by saying that this list is *NOT* to be used to post
> -Dave Barry's articles.  What it is is a place to extoll the virtues of
> -our beloved newsman, flame about editors, discuss key issues in the
> -always up-and-coming "Dave Barry For President" campaing, and generally
> -let off steam.  Enjoy!
>
> Oh great.  Just what we need.  A raving fanboy newsgroup.  Not that I
> have anything against it, but you could have asked.   *plonk*

     I think a raving Dave Barry fanboy newsgroup would be
great, provided that we wouldn't have to read raving Dave
Barry fanboy shit anywhere else on the net.

--Starcap'n Ra,      {ames,gatech,husc6,rutgers}!ncar!noao!asuvax!kennedy
   Where do I sign up   {allegra,decvax,ihnp4,oddjob}--^
   to unsubscribe?                        ^---------------The Wrong Choice
                          csnet, arpa: kennedy@asuvax.asu.edu