[news.groups] CALL FOR DISCUSSION comp.sys.alliant

weening@Gang-of-Four.Stanford.EDU (Joe Weening) (01/17/90)

I'm in favor of comp.sys.alliant, but I think that it shouldn't be
limited to the FX series (there will be other Alliant systems in the
future, and I don't know if they'll be called FX), and it should be
gatewayed with the info-alliant mailing list.  Several years ago I
tried to get comp.sys.alliant created as an inet group and gatewayed
with info-alliant, but didn't succeed in getting this done.

--
Joe Weening                                Computer Science Dept.
weening@Gang-of-Four.Stanford.EDU          Stanford University

martens@navajo.cis.ohio-state.edu (Jeff Martens) (01/26/90)

In article <WEENING.90Jan16202020@Gang-of-Four.Stanford.EDU> weening@Gang-of-Four.Stanford.EDU (Joe Weening) writes:

>I'm in favor of comp.sys.alliant, but I think that it shouldn't be
>limited to the FX series (there will be other Alliant systems in the

	[ ... ]

Do it.  I don't think the original call for votes said anything about
limiting it to the FX, but I agree that this would be a mistake.

Would the charter of comp.sys.alliant allow the discussion of FX-based
systems, like Cedar?  I guess this is a moot point if the group's
unmoderated, but that'd be a point in its favor.
-=-
-- Jeff (martens@cis.ohio-state.edu)

My program to detect infinite loops seems to be stuck in a loop...