[news.groups] New Newsgroup Proposal *rec.skate.thrash*

jet@flatline.UUCP (It's "Mr. Boyo" to you Dylan) (02/04/90)

In article <J.90Jan31180709@bucsf.bu.edu> j@bucsf.bu.edu (James Allard) writes:
>I'm interested in starting a newsgroup for fellow skateboarders where
>discussion could range from hot spots to equipment recommendations to video
>reviews to general B.S. Anyone interested?

I would suggest rec.sport.skate, or somesuch.  There's probably
not enough interest for a vote to pass, but there might be enough
for a mailing list or an alt.group. Read up on the guidelines
for creating a new newsgroup.

>President - Boston University Skateboarding Team

Neat.  I wish there was enough interest at UofH for this sort of thing.

--
"..just because [South Africans] won't adopt an idiotic 'one person
-- one vote' scheme of government... "  -- Pat Buchanan, Great American

cudep@warwick.ac.uk (Ian Dickinson) (02/06/90)

In article <J.90Jan31180709@bucsf.bu.edu> j@bucsf.bu.edu (James Allard) writes:
>I'm interested in starting a newsgroup for fellow skateboarders where
>discussion could range from hot spots to equipment recommendations to video
>reviews to general B.S. Anyone interested?

Good idea.
I don't like the name though - not all skaters are thrash-merchants.
How about rec.skateboard ?
--
\/ato.  vato@uk.ac.warwick.  *NIX gives good head.  Support the FSF.  Plinth.
"When it's a smoking charred stump, that's too much.