[news.groups] Forged article

The article I'm responding to, marked <7013@ficc.uu.net>, is a forgery. Sorry
about that. I guess someone out there is taking things just a teensy bit more
seriously than me. Thanks for all your input, folks. But since Ferranti gets
mail from uunet, it's all getting a mite expensive.

and we have two phone lines and two modems already. She doesn't call Usenet:
she did call a few times about a year ago but didn't care for the flaming in
rec.arts.startrek. She's more into local bulletin boards, where you know the
people and they don't get all huffy when you ask them not to use scatological
language.
--
Peter "Have you hugged your wolf today" da Silva <peter@sugar.hackercorp.com>
`-_-'

tjw@unix.cis.pitt.edu (TJ Wood WA3VQJ) (11/20/89)

In article <4557@sugar.hackercorp.com> peter@sugar.hackercorp.com (Peter da Silva) writes:
>The article I'm responding to, marked <7013@ficc.uu.net>, is a forgery. Sorry
>about that.

I was electrified by this discussion, but now I'm just shocked.  Does
this mean the vote is off?

Terry
--
INTERNET: tjw@unix.cis.pitt.edu  BITNET: TJW@PITTVMS  CC-NET: 33802::tjw
UUCP: {decwrl!decvax!idis, allegra, bellcore}!pitt!unix.cis.pitt.edu!tjw

jgd@rsiatl.UUCP (John G. De Armond) (01/20/90)

In article <259@toaster.SFSU.EDU> eps@cs.SFSU.EDU (Eric P. Scott) writes:
>In article <1231@rsiatl.UUCP> jgd@rsiatl.UUCP (John G. De Armond) writes:
>>There is a great misunderstanding in this country, mostly caused by
>>wretched left wing media hacks, that the skinhead movement is a terribly
>>evil thing.
>>
>>This is wholly untrue, and I would like to start a newsgroup for and
>>about skinheads.
>
>>emory!rsiatl!jgd          **I am the NRA** |
>
>Oh, so YOU'RE the NRA.  And you are promoting white supremacist
>losers who coopted a trademark of a relatively benign punk
>movement.
>
>God save the "wretched left wing media hacks."
>
>					-=EPS=-

As many of you probably know from the postings of others, the article
above attributed to me is forged.  Russ Kepler kindly provided a trace-
back to where the article most likely originated.  A number of others
have sent me copies of this article or CC:'s of mail they've sent
to Eric.  Thanks all.

Needless to say, the sentiments expressed in that posting are far
from mine.  That's what makes it so funny, I guess.  My positions
on most political subjects are well-known by this network.  I'd
have thought the forger would have been more creative in order to
make it appear plausable.

I have sent email to Eric requesting an appology.  We'll see if he's
as quick with that as he was the flame.

To the forger:  I'm truely honored by your efforts.  By hiding under
a Ku Klux Klan-like hood of anonymity, you have demonstrated your likeness
to the skinheads.  You've proven that you lack the education, diction,
creativity, or common sense to join in a rational debate.  You lack
the ability to counter in a public forum my logic and facts.  So you
hide in the bushes and figuratively try to fire a sniper shot.  As with
most idiots, you forgot to load your gun.  I have a pretty good idea
who you are.  With this posting, you simply confirm my previously
stated opinion of you.

To the rest of the net:  Let's let this issue die right here, lest we
give this creep the attention he craves.

Thanks,
John

I have a
pretty good
--
John De Armond, WD4OQC                     | The Fano Factor -
Radiation Systems, Inc.     Atlanta, GA    | Where Theory meets Reality.

tjw@unix.cis.pitt.edu (TJ Wood WA3VQJ) (02/08/90)

In article <1194@rsiatl.UUCP> /dev/null writes:

>Thanks,
>John
>
>I have a
>pretty good
>--
>John De Armond, WD4OQC                     | The Fano Factor -

And I was soooo looking forward to a Skinhead "ham-radio" newsgroup.

WA3VQJ .. Terry "Skinhead" Wood
--
INTERNET: tjw@unix.cis.pitt.edu  BITNET: TJW@PITTVMS  CC-NET: 33802::tjw
UUCP: {decwrl!decvax!idis, allegra, bellcore}!pitt!unix.cis.pitt.edu!tjw
 And if dreams could come true, I'd still be there with you,
 On the banks of cold waters at the close of the day. - Craig Johnson