[news.groups] Yet Another Proposal for a Mainstream Drug Group Re: soc.drugs

berryh@udel.edu (John Berryhill) (02/08/90)

In article <N85+{=@masalla.fulcrum.bt.co.uk> tjo@its.bt.co.uk (Tim Oldham) writes:

>I know this sounds silly, but if we could keep the word 'drug' out
>of it, it might just stand a chance of being available in the UK.

Just in case anyone doesn't know already, alt.drugs can be read in the
UK, or any other totalitarian country or region, by subscribing to the
mailing list.  The address to which one ought apply is:
	      pharm-request@udel.edu

I would also like to say that a group for discussing societal or
political ramifications of drug use/enforcement is probably not such
a good idea.  The "drug traffic" in talk.politics.misc and misc.legal
isn't all that much to justify a new group.  Since, as with alt.drugs,
propagation will be a problem, a large chunk of the articles will
be crossposted to other groups anyway.  Furthermore, the absence of
political content in alt.drugs will probably lead to further limits
on the group's distribution.

--
							      John Berryhill
					   143 King William, Newark DE 19711