[news.groups] Flames, etc.

jeffd@ficc.uu.net (jeff daiell) (02/10/90)

Dave,

(1) I make no more apology for trying to correct Tricky Dicky and
    Trish than I do for trying to correct my *own* children.
(2) You not only missed my posting on justifications for flames,
    you missed the ones noting that the gry-phonies are still
    around.
(3) Even if Tricky Dicky had taken a dive, however, that would no
    more exempt him from criticism than the resignation of the
    *first* Tricky Dicky exempted Nixon.
(4) Literate people capitalize proper names.

Jeff

--

                     Thank you for not coercing.

rissa@attctc.Dallas.TX.US (Patricia O Tuama) (02/11/90)

In article <51O16+Fxds8@ficc.uu.net> jeffd@ficc.uu.net (jeff daiell) writes:
>(1) I make no more apology for trying to correct Tricky Dicky and
>    Trish than I do for trying to correct my *own* children.

Gee, I'm sorry to hear that, Jeff, I sure hope you have better luck
with your *own* kids than you've had with Richard and I.

>    you missed the ones noting that the gry-phonies are still
>    around.

Well, where were you expecting us to go, dear?  Everyone knows we
all have accounts on other machines; I myself have eight of them.

As in <51O16+Fxds8@ficc.uu.net> jeffd@ficc.uu.net (jeff daiell)  ??

jeffd@ficc.uu.net (jeff daiell) (02/11/90)

In article <11408@attctc.Dallas.TX.US>, rissa@attctc.Dallas.TX.US (Patricia O Tuama) writes:
> In article <51O16+Fxds8@ficc.uu.net> jeffd@ficc.uu.net (jeff daiell) writes:
> >(1) I make no more apology for trying to correct Tricky Dicky and
> >    Trish than I do for trying to correct my *own* children.
>
> Gee, I'm sorry to hear that, Jeff, I sure hope you have better luck
> with your *own* kids than you've had with Richard and I.

Me, too: for their sakes, and everyone else's.  (BTW: 'Richard
and me', not 'Richard and I'.)

> >    you missed the ones noting that the gry-phonies are still
> >    around.
>
> Well, where were you expecting us to go, dear?

Such a straight line! |->

Meanwhile, tho, let's get on with the purpose of this newsgroup:
deciding on new newsgroups.  What's the latest on the proposals
to discuss gay rights and the legal aspects of drugs?

--

                     Thank you for not coercing.

ckd@bu-pub.bu.edu (Christopher Davis) (02/12/90)

 > From: jeffd@ficc.uu.net (jeff daiell)
[...]
 > (4) Literate people capitalize proper names.
[...]

Q.E.D.

[Oh, and does that make BIFF extra-literate?  And e e cummings illiterate?]

--Chris
--
[  Christopher Davis, BU SMG '90 <ckd@bu-pub.bu.edu> <smghy6c@buacca.bitnet>  ]

      "...and don't forget the mutant newts."  --Lois McMaster Bujold

cj@modernlvr.sgi.com (C J Silverio) (02/13/90)

---
jeffd@ficc.uu.net (jeff daiell) writes:

|(1) I make no more apology for trying to correct Tricky Dicky and
|    Trish than I do for trying to correct my *own* children.
 [...]

	That's it.  Into the killfile he goes.

	Why do I mention this in public?

	To encourage other people to put him in their
	killfiles, to announce my complete revulsion
	at the sight of such hypocrisy, and to give him
	the opposite of a "pat on the back."

	If he isn't followed up, maybe he'll eventually shut up.

	What a maroon.
---
ucbvax!brahms!silverio       C J Silverio/Brahms Gang/Berkeley CA 94720
cj%modernlvr.wpd@sgi.com

readers@cs.vu.nl (The USENET Community) (02/13/90)

In article <51O16+Fxds8@ficc.uu.net> jeffd@ficc.uu.net (jeff daiell) writes:
>   the gry-phonies are still around.
            ^^^^^^^
Very to the point!

"Don't worry if you get kicked out of cup.portal.com: at gryphon.com there's
still room for more bozos."

dave@ccicpg.UUCP ( Dave Hill) (02/13/90)

In article <51O16+Fxds8@ficc.uu.net>, jeffd@ficc.uu.net (jeff "the deity" daiell) writes:

> (1) I make no more apology for trying to correct Tricky Dicky and
>     Trish than I do for trying to correct my *own* children.

Hey Ace, try correcting yourself first.  You've done nothing
but sling mud and kiss ass in this newsgroup since you started
posting here.

No wait, I take that back.  You spend about 50% of your time
pontifictaing about how YOU think the net should be run.

I don't remember seeing any white smoke coming from the chimney.

> (2) You not only missed my posting on justifications for flames,
>     you missed the ones noting that the gry-phonies are still
>     around.

You can't really blame that on me; your postings all look the same.

I did notice the Gryponites.  Let's see, who's left?  Trish and Oleg
Diane and oh yeah, me.

> (3) Even if Tricky Dicky had taken a dive, however, that would no
>     more exempt him from criticism than the resignation of the
>     *first* Tricky Dicky exempted Nixon.

And just what heinous crime has Richard committed to warrant these
continual attacks?  He flamed your pompous weasel butt, for being
a pompous weasel.  Seems only fair to me.

> (4) Literate people capitalize proper names.

Sure thing, jeff.

	Dave

alan@sersun2.essex.ac.uk (Stanier A) (02/13/90)

In article <51O16+Fxds8@ficc.uu.net> jeffd@ficc.uu.net (jeff daiell) writes:
}(4) Literate people capitalize proper names.

You would call e. e. cummings illiterate? Philistine!

--
  Alan M Stanier    | My New Year Resolution for 1990: Give up the rigorous
tel +44 206-872153  |    asceticism that has marked my life so far, and