[news.groups] Formal Call for discussion: soc.culture.french

dvlkhh@cs.umu.se (Kent Hedlundh) (02/09/90)

    I'm wondering how large the interest will be for a creation of
    Newsgroup: soc.culture.french

    In such a newsgroup we shall have discussions about all topics
    about France and French culture and of course also the other French
    speaking countries.
    This shall be in the same style as the other soc.culture newsgroups as
    soc.culture.british, soc.culture.celtic, soc.culture.nordic etc.

    I hope there is any interest for such a newsgroup.
    If you like the idea please E-mail me. My address is below.
    I want to hear your opinions of this newsgroup.

    Kent

--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------| Kent Hedlundh                   |    E-Mail Address:                         |
| Dept. of Computer Science       |    Internet:  dvlkhh@cs.umu.se             || University of Umea              | Les Girondins pour le Championnat 1990     |

balavi@PacBell.COM (Behzad Alavi) (02/14/90)

In article <1990Feb9.150051.12549@cs.umu.se> dvlkhh@cs.umu.se (Kent Hedlundh) writes:

>    I hope there is any interest for such a newsgroup.
>    If you like the idea please E-mail me. My address is below.
>    I want to hear your opinions of this newsgroup.
>
>    Kent

         Go for it.  You have my yes vote.

--
   __ Disclaimer & Copyright 1989 __ Behzad Alavi ...!pacbell!pbhyg!balavi
  /  )     /                /    /  ) /)             2600 Camino Ramon, 3N200A

nickerso@bdofed.UUCP (b) (02/16/90)

In article <1990Feb9.145405.12470@cs.umu.se> Kent writes:
%
%    I'm wondering how large the interest will be for a creation of
%    Newsgroup: soc.culture.french
%
%    In such a newsgroup we shall have discussions about all topics
%    about France and French culture and of course also the other French
%    speaking countries.
%    This shall be in the same style as the other soc.culture newsgroups as
%    soc.culture.british, soc.culture.celtic, soc.culture.nordic etc.
%
%    I hope there is any interest for such a newsgroup.
%    If you like the idea please E-mail me. My address is below.
%    I want to hear your opinions of this newsgroup.
%
%    Kent
%

Kent
	Hi.  I think it would be neat to talk about the French culture,
especially about how other countries that have French speaking people
relate to one another and to France.
	Being from Canada and having a French-Canadian wife (very different
culture and dialect than France from what I've heard) it would be interesting
to see how other countries have handled bilingualism.  Canada is not doing
such a hot job right now.
	Thanks
		Bill Nickerson

Note:  This was originally sent via email but I got bounced by bloom.beacon.