[news.groups] CALL FOR VOTES: rec.food.recipes

mara@panix.UUCP (Mara Chibnik) (02/20/90)

In article <1990Feb19.000030.680@mthvax.cs.miami.edu>
recipes-vote@Mthvax.CS.Miami.Edu writes:

>Call for Votes: rec.food.recipes

>Send your votes to recipes-vote@mthvax.cs.miami.edu, or 'reply' to this
>message. Only votes mailed to that address are valid. No acknowledgement
>will be made, this address leads to a perl script for swallowing your e-mail.

I guess it's legit, but I'd like to say here and now that I don't
like it.  I have trouble getting working paths and frequently (but
unpredictably) find articles delayed or missing...

>I will post a mass acknowledgement of votes about February 25 and
>about March 4. The vote ends March 11 at which time I'll post a complete
>list of votes and the tallied results.

I'll look for it.
My vote is already in the mail.

--
apple!panix!mara	mara@panix.uucp		cmcl2!panix!mara

		         Mara Chibnik
         Life is too important to be taken seriously.

aem@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (a.e.mossberg) (02/21/90)

In article <929@panix.UUCP> mara@panix.UUCP (Mara Chibnik) writes:
>I guess it's legit, but I'd like to say here and now that I don't
>like it.  I have trouble getting working paths and frequently (but
>unpredictably) find articles delayed or missing...

What don't you like about this? It's per the guidelines as far as I can
tell. The address? It's a standard FQDN. Anybody with a nameserver can reach
it.

>>I will post a mass acknowledgement of votes about February 25 and
>>about March 4. The vote ends March 11 at which time I'll post a complete
>>list of votes and the tallied results.

>I'll look for it.
>My vote is already in the mail.

Your no vote was received.

--
a.e.mossberg / aem@mthvax.cs.miami.edu / aem@umiami.BITNET / Pahayokee Bioregion
Nothing has been better proven than this maxim: that one succeeds in having

aem@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (a.e.mossberg) (02/21/90)

BTW, re the vote. Apparently many people are voting no because they think
that the vote includes a change of charter for rec.food.cooking. This is
not true. Recipes can continue to be posted to rec.food.whatever.
Rec.food.recipes will be nothing but recipes, though.  At this point around
150 votes have been cast. It's very exciting seeing them come in. Gosh, I've
never run a vote before. Some really strange comments have been included
in many of the votes, despite my pointing out that it was going to a perl
script and not to a person. Maybe people are testing me? Heh heh heh.

aem