[news.groups] help creating newsgroup

chip@chinacat.Lonestar.ORG (Chip Rosenthal) (02/21/90)

I am having trouble creating a new newsgroup.  I think it is very critical
that USENET has a soc.culture.texas group.  After all, Texas is the largest
and most populous of any state in the United States that really matters.
I think we can have many fine discussions about the art and culture in
Texas, because someday we will have some.  I looked real hard at the rn
manual page, but I can't find the command to make a new newsgroups.  Is
there a net guru who can help me out?  Thanks.
--
Chip Rosenthal                            |  Yes, you're a happy man and you're
chip@chinacat.Lonestar.ORG                |  a lucky man, but are you a smart

jeffd@ficc.uu.net (jeff daiell) (02/21/90)

In article <944@chinacat.Lonestar.ORG>, chip@chinacat.Lonestar.ORG (Chip Rosenthal) writes:
> I am having trouble creating a new newsgroup.  I think it is very critical
> that USENET has a soc.culture.texas group.  After all, Texas is the largest
> and most populous of any state in the United States that really matters.
> I think we can have many fine discussions about the art and culture in
> Texas, because someday we will have some.  I looked real hard at the rn
> manual page, but I can't find the command to make a new newsgroups.  Is
> there a net guru who can help me out?  Thanks.

I don't know about this one.  Do we really want the Yankees learning
all our secrets? {|8^)]

Jeff

--
         "I'm just a soul whose intentions are good ...
        Oh, Lord,  please don't let me be misunderstood!"

                              -- The Animals

mack@portia.Stanford.EDU (Siamak Hashemi) (02/22/90)

In article <944@chinacat.Lonestar.ORG>, chip@chinacat.Lonestar.ORG (Chip Rosenthal) writes:
> I am having trouble creating a new newsgroup.  I think it is very critical
> that USENET has a soc.culture.texas group.  After all, Texas is the largest
								      Alaska
> and most populous of any state in the United States that really matters.
      California						!!!!!

--
					Siamak Hashemi
					Electrical Engineering Department