[news.groups] sci.aquaria redux. It won't die. Sigh.

rsex@stb.UUCP (02/23/90)

>From: peter@ficc.uu.net (Peter da Silva) <F5X1JK8xds13@ficc.uu.net>
>
>In article <4291@quanta.eng.ohio-state.edu> BRIDGE@rcgl1.eng.ohio-state.edu (JOHN BRIDGE) writes:
>> The reason for that banning seems to be gone.
>
>In a manner of speaking. The reason sci.aquaria is blocked at many sites is
>that a number of people do not accept the validity of the vote creating it.
>If you were to hold a new vote and it were to pass, I think that you would
>discover that the blockage would go away as well.

"I think" the blockage would go away ? Like, you have this theory ?
Like, we should have another vote on sci.aquaria based on the
hope that a semi-ordered synaptic discharge in Peter da Silvas
brain will indeed manifest itself as reality in 30,000 computer
sites around the world.

Between this and Kent Paul Dolan offering to ``count'' the votes
I have come to the obvious conclusion that I am asleep and having
a very bad dream.

Somebody please wake me when this is over.

>If in fact the group has turned out to be an appropriate and well behaved
>sci group, then you should have little problem getting the votes needed to
>create the group.

If in fact people voted objectively and for reasons other than
emotion this would probably be true. But they don't and it isn't.