[news.groups] The removal of alt.aquaria. When? When? When? When? When?

NMBCU@CUNYVM (02/24/90)

Okay forget my previous suggestion of renaming the current sci.aquaria group
to a more descriptive name. Lets just do what we set out to do long ago.

Long ago we set out to create a mainstream aquaria newsgroup. Well we
have that. As a matter of fact we have 2 of them. The next objective was
to remove alt.aquaria in favor of the new mainstream group. So gang, like
whats the problem. Lets just do it. Who has the power? Who will issue the
rmgroup. I'd honor it. The rec and sci aquaria groups have proven that
we truly no longer need an alt group. They propagate well. And if they
really don't, its not too surprising with three of them out there. The
current argument however seems to be which group gets pulled the sci, or alt
aquaria group (haven't heard to many aye for the removal of the rec one).

So,.... I hereby propose we maybe take a poll to see what the public feels
should go bye bye. And the one with the most bye bye votes gets canned.
Lets get on with this already by putting it to rest okay?

If the response to this idea is favorable (from responses on the net and
thru e-mail to me) then I will hold the survey. And who ever should lose
lets not bicker over it any longer. Lets get on with our lives and argue
about lots of other stuff. :)

Also, should all of this sit well with everyone, then who will issue
the rmgroup. Any volunteers, or do we argue about that too :) (wouldn't
be the first time). :)

To a happy and healthier net, cheers.

                                                        Nelson Broat

dave@ccicpg.UUCP ( Dave Hill) (02/25/90)

In article <90054.214303NMBCU@CUNYVM.BITNET>, NMBCU@CUNYVM writes:

> Long ago we set out to create a mainstream aquaria newsgroup. Well we
> have that. As a matter of fact we have 2 of them. The next objective was
> to remove alt.aquaria in favor of the new mainstream group. So gang, like
> whats the problem.

The problem is that alt.aquaria is an ALT.net group.

We have no business discussing its removal here.

Please post any further discussion on this topic to alt.config.

	Dave