[news.groups] Essential nessecity

wsinrn@lso.win.tue.nl (Rob J. Nauta) (02/26/90)

In article <U+W1QExds13@ficc.uu.net> peter@ficc.uu.net (Peter da Silva) writes:
>In article <NELSON.90Feb20194818@image.clarkson.edu> nelson@clutx.clarkson.edu writes:
>> Is anyone else interested in a moderated comp.sys.ibm.pc.programmer?
>
>How about a comp.sys.ibm.pc.tech to siphon off this stuff? Sort of a decoy
>group. (No, I'm not gonna run the vote on this one. I done my duty).

I still think a 'tech' group is too vague, and the net would benefit from
a little logical newgrouping, currently we have, besides the main groups,
subgroups, unfortunately with names that are different for each system,
ibm.pc has programmer, amiga has tech, mac has hardware. And there are
still 850 unread articles in the main comp.sys.ibm.pc group for me, it's
hard to keep up, so would some kind soul PLEASE volunteer to create (ie.
call for discussion, collect and count votes, etc) comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware
??? It's easy to see that this will split the traffic and not generate more,
half of the group is now full with questions about rll vs. mfm, scsi cables,
VGA cards, etc. .programmer would be for programmers, the main group for
questions about using a pc, that would get the questions about MS word out
of comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d, where currently a lot of inappropriate traffic
is, because comp.sys.ibm.pc is just too big to follow.

Greetings, Rob

--
Rob J. Nauta                        wsinrn@eutws1.win.tue.nl
L. v Lancveltlaan 18                wsinrn@lso.win.tue.nl