[news.groups] Forged!

tneff@bfmny0.UU.NET (Tom Neff) (04/10/90)

As a fun project, scan for all comp.lang.perl articles with the string "TX"
in the header... :-)

Sm@bhpese.oz.au (Scott Merrilees) (04/10/90)

merlyn@iwarp.intel.com (Randal Schwartz) writes:
>...  Methinks it was a
>well-done (bravo!) hoaxy-post.

I liked the transpose of x & v in jpl-devvax, making both the path & from
headers read "jpl-dexxav", but the message-id has "jpl-devvax",  I would
guess that this would mean that Larry would get to see it as well, since
jpl-devvax would not have previously been in the path header.  Another
couple of interesting headers were date, "Apr 1 00:00:00", and
organization, which had "Prepulsion" instead of "Propulsion".

In summary, my congratulations to who ever `keyboarded' this diversion,
it was well done, & fun.

Sm
--
Scott Merrilees, BHP Rod & Bar Products Division, Newcastle, Australia
INTERNET: Sm@bhpese.oz.au      UUCP: ...!uunet!bhpese.oz.au!Sm