[news.groups] proposed comp.windows subgroups

emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti) (04/02/90)

So far the roster of comp.windows.x subgroups that I count are:

	comp.windows.x.xannounce -- announcements from X consortium
	comp.windows.x.motif -- Motif widget set
	comp.windows.x.xview -- XView widget set
	comp.terminals.x -- X terminals

There has been discussion on these for a while, I suspect that these
names are good enough to work with.

Give it about a week to bat these around, and I'll make an official
Call for Votes on 8 April 90.  That'll mean the groups would be
created early May if all goes well.  I'll put the vote for all of
these on one ballot to minimize the total influx of mail.

--Ed

julie@cruc.UUCP (Julie Spiegler) (04/14/90)

In article <EMV.90Apr2020553@stag.math.lsa.umich.edu> emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti) writes:
>So far the roster of comp.windows.x subgroups that I count are:
>
>	comp.windows.x.xannounce -- announcements from X consortium
>	comp.windows.x.motif -- Motif widget set
>	comp.windows.x.xview -- XView widget set
>	comp.terminals.x -- X terminals
>
>There has been discussion on these for a while, I suspect that these
>names are good enough to work with.

Our news feed seems to be done right now, so there's probably been
some discussion (and the call for votes?) that I've missed.

Many people (including me) would like to see a subgroup dedicated
to porting issues (what does this compiler error mean, fix #793 is
available, etc.).  Will xannounce include this traffic?  If not,
please create an additional subgroup for administration/porting/source.

Thanks,
julie spiegler
{ucscc.ucsc.edu/com, uunet}!cruc!julie