[news.groups] What happened to c.s.a.s.tech?

dmb@wam.umd.edu (David M. Baggett) (06/29/90)

In article <682@van-bc.wimsey.bc.ca> jhenders@van-bc.wimsey.bc.ca (John Henders) writes:

>Also,what happened to the vote on comp.sys.atari.tech? Hasn't the voting period
>expired? Could we hear from the vote taker or did he lose his access?
>
>jhenders@van-bc.UUCP

Yes, the voting period ended June 7.  I posted the results a couple weeks
ago.  I believe it was 183 Yes vs. 72 No.  For a while the newsgroup was
listed as "pending creation" but since then there has been a complaint filed
with Eliot Lear that 183-72 represents only a 61% yes vote, meaning that the
vote does not pass.  Personally, I get 71% yes from those numbers.
Interestingly enough, if you take 1 - 72/183 you get .606 ~ 61%, so I imagine
this is how the bogus figure of 61% was derived; i.e., dividing by the
number of yes votes instead of the total number of votes.

I'm sure it will get straightened out soon.  (So please don't write nasty
notes to Eliot; he's already been informed of the situation.)

Dave Baggett
dmb%wam.umd.edu@uunet.uu.net