[news.groups] never mind: comp.dcom.fax

eli@pws.bull.com (Steve Elias) (07/31/90)

due to an absolutely underwhelming response to the call for discussion
for comp.dcom.fax, i'm not going to issue a call for votes.

/eli

--
/*  eli@spdcc.com   617 932 5598   fax 508 294 7556  */

ralphs@halcyon.wa.com (Ralph Sims) (08/01/90)

eli@pws.bull.com (Steve Elias) writes:

> due to an absolutely underwhelming response to the call for discussion
> for comp.dcom.fax, i'm not going to issue a call for votes.

'tis a shame.  I thought it was an inspired idea.  I haven't seen any
discussion in alt.fax, however, so I wonder if your messages got propogated.

--
  Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

rothstein@NUTMEG.Enet.DEC.com (Lee Rothstein, 603-884-0039) (08/06/90)

In article <e947m2w162w@halcyon.wa.com>, ralphs@halcyon.wa.com
(Ralph Sims) writes...

>eli@pws.bull.com (Steve Elias) writes:

>>due to an absolutely underwhelming response to the call for
>>discussion for comp.dcom.fax, i'm not going to issue a call for
>>votes.

>'tis a shame.  I thought it was an inspired idea.  I haven't
>seen any discussion in alt.fax, however, so I wonder if your
>messages got propogated.

I had assumed from Steve's earlier comments that comp.dcom.fax
was to remove the computer fax issues, only, from alt.fax.  I am
not in favor of that.

Discussion of computer fax and plain fax each benefit from the
discussion of the other in the same stream.

Now if the alt.fax traffic doubles or triples in size, then
separating out the components may be worthwhile.

Until then, this is one man's facsimile of an opinion ...

| Lee Rothstein * UUCP: {purdue,ucbvax,hplabs,labrea,sun, |
|  pyramid,gryphon,angelo}!decwrl!nutmeg.dec.com!rothstein|
|   * Arpa/Domain Address: rothstein@nutmeg.enet.dec.com  |