[news.groups] Interest in -- Cabletron -- mailing list?

root@flhtp.UUCP (Gary Delong, Network Administrator) (09/12/90)

I have been asked to find out if there is there is in existance, or if
not, any real interest in starting a mailing list dedicated to discussing
Cabletron products hints and kinks.

If there is such a group could someone so advise me and
would those who are so interested in such a group please advise:

         flhtp!gdelong@decvax.dec.com

Thanks
--Gary

rsmith@vms.macc.wisc.edu (Rusty Smith, MACC) (09/14/90)

In article <339@flhtp.UUCP>, root@flhtp.UUCP (Gary Delong, Network Administrator) writes...

>I have been asked to find out if there is there is in existance, or if
>not, any real interest in starting a mailing list dedicated to discussing
>Cabletron products hints and kinks.

We would be interesting in joining a Cabletron mailing list. The
number of Cabletron boxes we have is steadily increasing.

Rusty Smith			Internet:  rsmith@vms.macc.wisc.edu
MACC Data Communications	Bitnet:    rsmith@wiscmacc
(608)  263-6307			Univ. of Wisconsin @ Madison

emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti) (09/15/90)

   >I have been asked to find out if there is there is in existance, or if
   >not, any real interest in starting a mailing list dedicated to discussing
   >Cabletron products hints and kinks.

I think that an appropriate name for a Cabletron group would be
"comp.dcom.sys.cabletron", by analogy with the Cisco group, if
it were to turn out that there's enough interest and traffic for
a usenet newsgroup.

--Ed

Edward Vielmetti, U of Michigan math dept <emv@math.lsa.umich.edu>