[news.groups] Plan 9

bhoughto@cmdnfs.intel.com (Blair P. Houghton) (10/06/90)

In article <14576@hydra.gatech.EDU> gt0178a@prism.gatech.EDU (Jim Burns) writes:
>What are the best relatively tutorial (as opposed to bare-bones
>specifications) materials on Plan9? Also, would anyone care to post a short
>summary of its goals and concepts?

First off, as stated in the UnixWorld article (10/90,
p.61), Plan 9 is _not_ UNIX; it also appears it's going to
be the next big thing in hackyland, so it will no doubt get
lots of net bandwidth.  So I'd look into getting a group
for it and avoiding clogging this one (which is already
schizo from the comp.unix.* identity crisis).

Meanwhile, let's do this over in comp.misc and/or comp.os.misc.

Anyone want to drive the discussion/vote process?

				--Blair
				  "Me?  Politics?  Naah."