[news.groups] Ubi comp.text.sgml?

lark@tivoli.UUCP (Lar Kaufman) (02/14/91)

The latest rmgroup scripts came in, were applied, and all of a sudden
one of my most interesting groups, comp.text.sgml, has been branded
as bogus.  Was this accidental, or has comp.text.sgml never been properly
discussed and created?

Gee, comp.lang.icon went away, too, and I seem to remember voting for its
formation...

-lar

--
Lar Kaufman            Writing is a form of imposture;
(voice) 512-794-9070   I'm not at all sure I am anything

tale@rpi.edu (David C Lawrence) (02/14/91)

In article <391@tivoli.UUCP> lark@tivoli.UUCP (Lar Kaufman) writes:

   The latest rmgroup scripts came in, were applied, and all of a sudden
   one of my most interesting groups, comp.text.sgml, has been branded
   as bogus.  Was this accidental, or has comp.text.sgml never been properly
   discussed and created?

It was accidental.  Spaf's latest lists just forgot to include it.
Eliot did not send the original newgroup for it, and I seem to not
have a record of who did, but I suspect it was sent by Ed Vielmetti.
I will send another newgroup just to reinforce the group's status.

   Gee, comp.lang.icon went away, too, and I seem to remember voting for its
   formation...

Funny you should remember that, as comp.lang.icon is an INET group.
--
   (setq mail '("tale@cs.rpi.edu" "tale@ai.mit.edu" "tale@rpitsmts.bitnet"))

ron@mlfarm.com (Ronald Florence) (02/15/91)

In news.groups, lark@tivoli.UUCP (Lar Kaufman) writes:

 > Gee, comp.lang.icon went away, too, and I seem to remember voting for its
 > formation...

We haven't seen much posted lately, but I do hope comp.lang.icon
hasn't gone away...
--

Ronald Florence			ron@mlfarm.com