[news.groups] Os9 sources in comp.sources.reviewed?

andrew@calvin.doc.ca (Andrew Patrick) (03/05/91)

In article <180@blars> blarson@usc.edu writes:
>Several people expressed interest in a comp.sources.os9 newsgroup,
>but as far as I know never got it to the official call for discussion
>stage.  (I would be in favor of but doubt there is enough support on
>the net to get the vote passed.)
>
>Perhaps the proposed comp.sources.reviewed newsgroup could get someone
>to become the os9 reviewer and get os9 software posted there when
>appropriate.  The vote on comp.sources.reviewed has already started,
>but the discussion on it is more lively now than after the call for
>discussion.

I do not want to single-handedly set policy for this new group.  I can
only provide my opinion -- I hope this and other issues will be
discussed by you, the users of Usenet.

My feeling is that if we can find enough people willing to review os9
software, and there is a feeling that this software will be valuable to
the Usenet community, then it is fair game for comp.sources.reviewed.

--
Andrew Patrick, Ph.D.       Department of Communications, Ottawa, CANADA
andrew@calvin.doc.CA