[news.groups] New Groups.

streeter@theory.lcs.mit.edu (Kenneth B. Streeter) (03/07/91)

In article <9103061433.AA05927@nic.gac.edu> dan@nic.gac.edu (Dan Boehlke) writes:

> A possible solution would be:

>  Delete:  comp.sys.handhelds or alias it to comp.sys.handhelds.misc
>  Create:  comp.sys.handhelds.misc
>  Create:  comp.sys.handhelds.hp48
>  Create:  comp.sys.handhelds.hp28

>  	etc.

>I would advocate removal and redirection, using an alias, of the
>current comp.sys.handhelds group.

I like this idea.  It is essentially the same as what was originally
suggested, except for the fact that it addresses the issue of "I don't
want to leave comp.sys.handhelds" since it would make EVERYBODY leave!

However, it would be preferable for the comp.sys.handhelds.hp48 group
to be one that permits for future models similar to the hp48.  A few
other suggestions that do this were the .hpcalcs and .hp-saturn
alternatives.

--
Kenneth B. Streeter         | ARPA: streeter@im.lcs.mit.edu
MIT LCS, Room NE43-350      | UUCP: ...!uunet!im.lcs.mit.edu!streeter