[news.groups] CFD: Proposal for comp.graphics.research newsgroup

murray@sun13.scri.fsu.edu (John Murray) (04/30/91)

In article <1991Apr29.172208.18738@dsd.es.com> pmartz@undies.dsd.es.com (Paul Martz) writes:
>In article <9920@castle.ed.ac.uk>, whb@castle.ed.ac.uk (H Bruce) writes:
>
>I think comp.graphics.research is what is needed.

Thank the gods that someone is proposing this. For the last 6 months, I've
been looking at c.g about once every two weeks, maybe - and our site is on a
three-day expire...

>What happens next, CFD?

Well, considering this is all getting crossposted to news.groups, would'nt
this count as the official CFD? Or do we just need to.. Hey, wait a
second! Who changed the subject line?.. ;-)

I also vote for moderation. I'll -*cringe*- do it myself if I have to.

--
*Standard Disclaimers Apply*|        ---Get Out Of HELL Free!---
John R. Murray              |The bearer of this card is entitled to forgive

eugene@amelia.nas.nasa.gov (Eugene N. Miya) (05/02/91)

Heavens, yes do it!
Who has time to go through all these postings?  I just look at
subject fields.  BUT, reorganize everything now.  Take two or three
smart people and propose a set of subgroups.  Include in them separate
gif and pc and other sub topics.  Don't wait.  If you are smart,
you will moderate all of them.  Get the ACM to endorse this, like
Peter Neumann who moderates comp.risks for the ACM.  Some intelligent
person moderating can add a lot.  Errrr, not me.

--eugene miya, NASA Ames Research Center, eugene@orville.nas.nasa.gov
  Resident Cynic, Rock of Ages Home for Retired Hackers
  {uunet,mailrus,other gateways}!ames!eugene