[news.groups] Split of comp.sys.handhelds

matt@physics16.berkeley.edu (Matt Austern) (06/01/91)

In article <1991May31.214700.24851@leland.Stanford.EDU> mcgrant@elaine10.Stanford.EDU (Michael Grant) writes:

> Now if we can just convince everyone who hates the .hp48 proposal
> of this, as well as everyone who hates the .palmtops proposal, then
> we can save a hell of a lot of argument and get this discussion over
> with. There's enough screaming to justify two groups, that's clear.

Or possibly three groups.  I no longer believe that it would be stupid
to create comp.sys.palmtops, comp.sys.calculators, *and*
comp.sys.calculators.hp48.  At any rate, I now believe that all three
groups should be voted on.
--
Matthew Austern                   Just keep yelling until you attract a
(415) 644-2618                    crowd, then a constituency, a movement, a

IMS103@psuvm.psu.edu (Ian Matthew Smith) (06/01/91)

matt@physics16.berkeley.edu (Matt Austern) writes:

>Or possibly three groups.  I no longer believe that it would be stupid
>to create comp.sys.palmtops, comp.sys.calculators, *and*
>comp.sys.calculators.hp48.  At any rate, I now believe that all three
>groups should be voted on.

Why not comp.sys.calculators.hp instead of comp.sys.calculators.hp48?

 -- Ian Smith <<ims103@psuvm.psu.edu>>