[news.groups] SNR

koerber.sin@sni.de (Mathias Koerber) (06/19/91)

In article <1991Jun17.132947.5296@druid.uucp> darcy@druid.uucp (D'Arcy J.M. Cain) writes:
|In article <SVEN.91Jun16133706@laverne.cs.widener.edu> Sven Heinicke writes:
|>Just to get things straight I was using GNU C too and, of course, got
|>about same errors.
|
|Just recently Doug Gwyn announced that he is leaving comp.lang.c because
|of the SNR in this group.  Hopefully he is just waiting in the wings,
|along with all the other gurus who have been silent lately, watching to
|see if we can get this group under control.  Well here is my contribution.
[contrib deleted]

Maybe we really need a moderated comp.lang.c.wizards, for those questions that
really attract the gurus and human lints out there.

shaunc@gold.gvg.tek.com (Shaun Case) (06/20/91)

In article <1997@nixsin.UUCP> koerber.sin@sni.de writes:
>Maybe we really need a moderated comp.lang.c.wizards, for those questions that
>really attract the gurus and human lints out there.

I think that it is high time for such a group.  Moderation is a must; the noise
in CLC is just outrageous.  It's not just questions that are noise either, it
is incorrect answers to FAQs, flames, nits being picked on nits being picked
on nits being picked, etc.  The time has come for comp.lang.c.wizards (moderated.)

--
shaunc@gold.gvg.tek.com

-- 100,000, perhaps 200,000 or more Iraqis died in a "Turkey Shoot"
   inappropriately called a "war."  -- Michael Albert