[comp.sys.intel] The IBM Connection

m5d@bobkat.UUCP (Mike McNally ) (04/16/87)

In article <537@pdp.cs.OHIOU.EDU> galen@pdp.cs.OHIOU.EDU (Douglas Wade Needham) writes:
> . . .  The figures I heard were aprox. 50-60 percent.  Steve McReady
>says is is aprox. 7 percent now.  . . .

Just of of idle curiosity, does anybody have some real facts about the
extent of IBM control over Intel?  When I left Intel, IBM had recently
made the first big move and got something like 12.5%.  Has this
changed?

Once again, I am not a corporate raider or nasty Motorola fiend or
anything, just curious.

--
Mike McNally, mercifully employed at Digital Lynx ---
    Where Plano Road the Mighty Flood of Forest Lane doth meet,