[comp.sys.intel] any info about 486?

fenton@s.cs.uiuc.edu (02/02/89)

Does anybody have any information or know a source of info about the
80486? Thanks.

wayne Fenton
University of Illinois @Urbana-Champaign
fenton@s.cs.uiuc.edu

erickson@carroll1.UUCP (Dave Erickson) (02/23/89)

Expires: March 8 1989

In article <220600002@s.cs.uiuc.edu> fenton@s.cs.uiuc.edu writes:

>Does anybody have any information or know a source of info about the
>80486? Thanks.
>

>wayne Fenton
>University of Illinois @Urbana-Champaign
>fenton@s.cs.uiuc.edu

	Speaking of the 486.....

We are doing a group project for a computer architecture class here at Carroll.
We have to do a complete report on the Intel 80xxx family of cpus.
Finding stuff on 8088 to 80386 will be no real problem but 486.....

What we need specifically is register info (length, size, number)  data
bus size/address bus size, addressing, clock speed/speeds, co-processors,
cache and virtual memory.  Cost would be nice but it's no big deal.
We need to get very specific with our report, not to the point of circuit
diagrams or anything, but we need to at least sound intelligent.

Of course, talking to Intel or IBM gives us nothing as everything is under
wraps still.

This is due about the 8th of March so promptness would be appreciated.

Please respond to

erickson@carroll1.UUCP

I'll post anything really juicy if possible (I will keep secrets if requested)

I'm new to this group, so my apologies if this has already been done.

Thanks

Dave