[comp.sys.intel] now that the 486 is out...

miken@hcr.uucp (Mike Nemeth) (02/19/90)

does anybody know what the 586 will be like, and while we're at it, how
about the 686?

izahi@portia.Stanford.EDU (Raul Izahi Lopez Hernandez) (02/23/90)

In article <1990Feb19.155723.4267@hcr.uucp> miken@hcr.uucp (Mike Nemeth) writes:
>does anybody know what the 586 will be like, and while we're at it, how
>about the 686?
   Since the 486 includes cache coherency facilities and the trend
goes to higher level integration, maybe we'll see multiple processors
on chip, a bigger cache and a graphics engine like the one in the 860, but
I must say that I don't have any inside information.
Raul Izahi Lopez Hernandez	izahi@portia.stanford.edu
Graduate Student, EE Dept.	"Nun, ich war und ich bin noch Student,
Stanford University	   	 denn ein Student bleibt ewig Student!" -DG

eichi@forty2.UUCP (Stefan Eichenberger) (02/26/90)

Questions on 586,etc, all right. I must have missed it, is the '486
really out? I mean in a debugged version, correcting those problems
which were reported I think by Compaq by end of last year? Is it now
time to trust the results of that new chip?

May be I'm just as outdated as if I lived in the jungle for the last then
years or so. Sorry for the trouble then.

UUCP:      ...mcvax!cernvax!forty2!eichi         Stefan Eichenberger
BITNET:    K807817@CZHRZU1A                      University of Zurich