[comp.sys.intel] Ancient intel terminal

I have inherited an *ancient* intel terminal, late '70s vintage. It's a big
creme box with a black front. Emulates televideo terminals. It's probably
a relabelling job. On the bottom it's got "Model # TRM1, P/N 133009-001".

Any ideas what this is? Anyone?
--
Peter da Silva.   `-_-'
+1 713 274 5180.

In article <.K=37=F@xds13.ferranti.com>, peter@ficc.ferranti.com (Peter da Silva) writes:
> I have inherited an *ancient* intel terminal, late '70s vintage. It's a big
> creme box with a black front. Emulates televideo terminals. It's probably
> a relabelling job. On the bottom it's got "Model # TRM1, P/N 133009-001".
>
> Any ideas what this is? Anyone?

	It sounds like this is the video display terminal used with the
Intel MDS-800 microprocessor development system.  The terminal I once
used was Intel blue in color with a detachable keyboard.  It was actually
manufactured by Beehive (perhaps a version of the "Mini-Bee"?), but had
Intel's name on it.  If it's the same terminal that I am thinking of, it
is upper case only, and can be identified because it has a red LED and a
regular toggle switch on the keyboard.  I haven't used one in well over
10 years, though.  It is also possible that I may have the documentation
on it if you *really* want to do something with it.

	As an amusing aside, who still has an SDK-80?

Larry Lippman @ Recognition Research Corp.  "Have you hugged your cat today?"
     {boulder||decvax||rutgers||watmath}!acsu.buffalo.edu!kitty!larry
VOICE: 716/688-1231 || FAX: 716/741-9635  {utzoo||uunet}!/      \aerion!larry

ereeder@ereeder.austin.ibm.com (Ed Reeder) (06/16/90)

In article <.K=37=F@xds13.ferranti.com> peter@ficc.ferranti.com (Peter da Silva) writes:
>I have inherited an *ancient* intel terminal, late '70s vintage. It's a big
>creme box with a black front. Emulates televideo terminals. It's probably
>a relabelling job. On the bottom it's got "Model # TRM1, P/N 133009-001".
>
>Any ideas what this is? Anyone?

Assuming it has an "integrated" keyboard :), it has to be a Zentec Zephyr.
It was built like a tank and was quite fast for its time (supported a faster
data rate than the Zentec Cobra - a later model with swiveling head and
detached keyboard).

Its termcap/terminfo entry is usually known as "zen30".  I was quite
familiar with it from my days at Intel.

lerman@stpstn.UUCP (Ken Lerman) (06/16/90)

In article <.K=37=F@xds13.ferranti.com> peter@ficc.ferranti.com (Peter da Silva) writes:
>I have inherited an *ancient* intel terminal, late '70s vintage. It's a big
>creme box with a black front. Emulates televideo terminals. It's probably
>a relabelling job. On the bottom it's got "Model # TRM1, P/N 133009-001".
>
>Any ideas what this is? Anyone?
>--
>Peter da Silva.   `-_-'
>+1 713 274 5180.
><peter@ficc.ferranti.com>

An anchor :-)

Ken

Apologies for posting rather than mailing, but I have never had any luck
getting to anyone at ibm.com.

If this is a Zentec Zephyr, what are the dip-switch settings for the 8
position DIP on the back marked "modem baud rate"?
--
Peter da Silva.   `-_-'
+1 713 274 5180.