[comp.sys.intel] Adv Micro Case?

JXD101@psuvm.psu.edu (John Dead-Falcon) (11/10/90)

 I heard from someone that the case of Intel v. AMD was coming up
 soon?  Has anyone heard anything about this or its outcome if it
 has already occured?

 Thanks...reply to e-mail

 John.

bhoughto@cmdnfs.intel.com (Blair P. Houghton) (11/11/90)

DISCLAIMER:  I know it says 'Intel' in the organization
line, but that doesn't mean I can access privileged
information.  I speak news, and only news that anyone could
have gotten from the newspapers.  None of what I say is
policy or official opinion.

In article <90313.205708JXD101@psuvm.psu.edu> JXD101@psuvm.psu.edu (John Dead-Falcon) writes:

> I heard from someone that the case of Intel v. AMD was coming up
> soon?  Has anyone heard anything about this or its outcome if it
> has already occured?

The case you mention is actually several cases.  The big
one involving technology-sharing contracts is in its third
year (also its third "phase").  The verdicts have come in
and of 20 counts, only 3 were ruled against Intel.  The
other seventeen were either ruled in favor of Intel or
dismissed by the Judge.

The third phase is the one in which the monetary value of
the damage is assessed and the compensation set.  It's
likely to take another year.

Check out EE Times' recent issues for details.

				--Blair
				  "That is all."

P.S.  cut it out, nj