[comp.sys.intel] newsgroup covering DVI?

pinter@sol.bucknell.edu (pinter) (11/15/90)

I am looking for a newsgroup which is appropriate for the
discussion of DVI technology, mostly from a developer's
standpoint.  Please let me know which group that would be.
Thank you.

                                 Marco Pinter
                                 pinter@sol.bucknell.edu

andrew@calvin.doc.ca (Andrew Patrick) (11/16/90)

In article <162@sol.bucknell.edu> pinter@sol.bucknell.edu () writes:
>I am looking for a newsgroup which is appropriate for the
>discussion of DVI technology, mostly from a developer's
>standpoint.  Please let me know which group that would be.

I am also interesting in starting a discussion about Intel's DVI
technology.  I would suggest that comp.ivideodisc would probably be the
most appropriate (how about "comp.ivideo"?), and it could stand the
load.

To begin with, my understanding is that a DVI development kit includes
either the older 3-board DVI hardware, or the newer 2-board hardware.
Does anyone know the differences between the board sets, other than the
obvious reduction in the number?

--
Andrew Patrick, Ph.D.       Department of Communications, Ottawa, CANADA
               andrew@calvin.doc.CA    andrew@doccrc.BITNET