[comp.sys.intel] When will the 586 chip be ready?

F0O@psuvm.psu.edu (11/16/90)

     Does anyone know when Intel will finish the 586 chip?
     Does anyone know what wonderful things the 586 will do over the 486?

                                                  Just wondering,

                                                                 [Tim]

kaleb@thyme.jpl.nasa.gov (Kaleb Keithley ) (11/17/90)

In article <90320.092051F0O@psuvm.psu.edu> F0O@psuvm.psu.edu writes:

>     Does anyone know when Intel will finish the 586 chip?

When will the 486 *really* be ready? :-)

--
Kaleb Keithley                      Jet Propulsion Labs
kaleb@thyme.jpl.nasa.gov

I don't watch Twin Peaks; I just come to work.

teb@uqun38.nixdorf.de (Tobias Brueck) (11/19/90)

kaleb@thyme.jpl.nasa.gov (Kaleb Keithley	) writes:

>In article <90320.092051F0O@psuvm.psu.edu> F0O@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
>>
>>     Does anyone know when Intel will finish the 586 chip?

Intel said on the Orgatec '90 that the think it will be finished around
1992 .

Iain Holness <HOLNESSI@QUCDN.QueensU.CA> (11/22/90)

     Although Intel might have said it will be out in 1992, as
 has been evidenced by the 486's problems, will the 586 be fully
 debugged in 1992 ? I'm betting that it'll be incorporated into
 some systems in '92, but as has been the case with the 486,
 it (the 586) will not be used by most manufacturers until 1993
 at the earliest. Bugs never make something popular.....