[comp.unix.xenix] using two AT hard disk controllers...

dyer@spdcc.UUCP (Steve Dyer) (01/09/87)

I note that the RT PC can use two PC/AT hard/floppy disk controllers provided
their jumper settings are different.   Is there any reason why the AT
(particularly running XENIX) shouldn't be able to also take advantage of this?
I'd love to have an external hard drive or two hanging off my machine since
I'm always tight on space, and really large drives of 140mb or so are still
too expensive.  Are there problems with allocating interrupts on the AT?
--
Steve Dyer
dyer@harvard.HARVARD.EDU

bob@ahxenix.REL.COM (Bob Leffler) (01/11/87)

In article <488@spdcc.UUCP>, dyer@spdcc.UUCP writes:
> I note that the RT PC can use two PC/AT hard/floppy disk controllers provided
> their jumper settings are different.   Is there any reason why the AT
> too expensive.  Are there problems with allocating interrupts on the AT?

That would be my initial impression.  I'm not that familar with the AT.  I
jumped from the XT environment directly to the RT.

Has anyone had any experience with the RT's SCSI interface?  How well does
it perform?

--
Bob Leffler  -  bob@ahxenix.REL.COM

  ...!ihnp4!mb2c!edsdrd!ahxenix!bob