[comp.unix.xenix] SCO-Xenix console problem

schmitz@uiucdcsb.UUCP (03/02/87)

I'm using SCO Xenix on an AT clone with a Paradise Auto-Switch video
card and a Nec Multisync Monitor.  The problem is that all the
characters in column one are doubled, like

tthis

Can anyone please tell me what's causing this?  Thanks.

				Michael
				schmitz@uiucdcsb.cs.uiuc.edu

randy@chinet.UUCP (03/02/87)

In article <166500001@uiucdcsb> schmitz@uiucdcsb.cs.uiuc.edu writes:
>I'm using SCO Xenix on an AT clone with a Paradise Auto-Switch video
>card and a Nec Multisync Monitor.  The problem is that all the
>characters in column one are doubled, like
>
>tthis

	This also happens with Microport UNIX.  It also does this on various
other EGA clones.  I have about 8 different brands of EGA card clones, and
it only works properly on 2 of them.  Also, Codeview from MSC 4.0 does
not work on the Paradise.
	So, as any programmer could have told you, it is a hardware problem,
not a software one  :-)

--
.. that's the biz, sweetheart...
Randy Suess