[comp.unix.xenix] Info wanted on tape cartridge backup for XENIX

dave@sds.UUCP (04/09/87)

We are running Microsoft XENIX System V on an IBM AT and are looking for a
tape backup system that we can supply with the software system that we
are developing.  We'll require no user intervention or initialization
(e.g. it will be run from cron so the tape capacity must be at least as
large as the drive (30-40mb)); an internal unit that sits in the place of
the second diskette drive is preferable.

We are investigating the 145 AT tape drive from Irwin Magnetics, but we are
told that no driver for XENIX is available from Irwin at this time.  If you
are using an Irwin system with your own or purchased driver, or if you are
using another tape cartidge backup system, I would appreciate any information
that you have.

Thanks in advance,

Dave Schmidt

andys@men2a.UUCP (04/12/87)

I have the 60 MB. unit from Bell Technologies, and Xenix Sys. 5.  Works very
well.  Comes with drivers.  Price reasonable.
Bell Technologies:  (800) 426-8649
--andys@men2a.ORI-CAL.COM

johnm@auscso.UUCP (John B. Meaders) (04/14/87)

In article <141@sds.UUCP>, dave@sds.UUCP (dave schmidt x194) writes:
> We are running Microsoft XENIX System V on an IBM AT and are looking for a
> tape backup system that we can supply with the software system that we
> are developing.  We'll require no user intervention or initialization

Has anybody written a driver or know of somewhere to get one for the tape
backup subsystem on the Compaq Deskpro (the 8086 version)?  I am running
SCO Xenix V (Rel 2.1).  Please send replies by e-mail or post them here.
Thanks in advance.

          {ihnp4,seismo}!ut-sally!ut-ngp!melpad!jclyde!jwith