[comp.unix.xenix] GKS on SCO XENIX

rich@bvax.UUCP (Rich Chahley) (06/04/87)

I am running SCO XENIX 2.1.4 on a PC-AT 286, trying to code a graphics
application using GKS (the Graphical Kernel System).

GKS takes over the (EGA) graphics console and as such disables the multiscreen
capability which SCO provides (where Alt-Fn switch to multiscreen "n").

When GKS runs, Alt-Fn just alters the image.  Does anyone know if there is a
way to have the display hot-key between graphics and text mode in this case,
or if there are any plans to provide such a capability.

Thanks in advance...

Richard Chahley
{allegra, ihnp4, decvax, pyramid, watmath} !utzoo!mnetor!genat!clunk!bvax!rich

spf@clyde.UUCP (06/08/87)

In article <236@bvax.UUCP> rich@bvax.UUCP (Rich Chahley) writes:
>I am running SCO XENIX 2.1.4 on a PC-AT 286, trying to code a graphics
>application using GKS (the Graphical Kernel System).
>GKS takes over the (EGA) graphics console and as such disables the multiscreen
>capability which SCO provides (where Alt-Fn switch to multiscreen "n").

Where did you get a GKS package for Xenix?  I would like to have some
such graphics package for my AT&T 6300 running Xenix.  Will yours
work for me?  Any info out there I'd appreciate.

Thanks! Steve Frysinger 201/386-7010 moss!spf